Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 January 2012

January 21st 2012

January 21st

Good afternoon bloggers, hope this chilly January day is finding you all well! For those of you who have visited before, as you will see, I have been having a bit of a play around with my blog! I'm still very new to this and it will take a while before I get it as I want it, but for a start I thought some winter blue for seasonal touch.Hope you like it! 

 I am also going to start a new post each time so that you don't have to plough through a whole month to see my latest post. I just wish it would load from the newest down instead of the other way...less of the tech talk and back to crafting...

 I have had a mixed week of crafting...it started last weekend making two cards for orders that were really 'up my street' and that I had so much enjoyment making, followed by one that was not my kind of card but was still fun and two more that...I really tried to enjoy making! But that's what happens when you take commissions and whatever I'm asked to make I see as a new challenge and make the best card possible. What I am insisting on for the new year is that I only use the tools I have...my craft cds (of which there are many), my little baby cricut, my Grand Calibur, dies, stamps and inks...there should be plenty there. It's why I try and encourage anyone ordering a card from me to look at this blog and get a feel for what kind of cards I make.

Some good news...I was recently successful in one of the 'card candy draws' on Sue Wilson's blog! I have chosen a stamp and have gone for something 'Steampunk' as I really have to give this a try (and add my own style to it!)..so watch out from when I get the stamps some time next month!

It was really good to see Christine Emberson back on Create and Craft this week too...if you love crafting and especially Spellbinders, you should check out her blog, Hope and Chances for some super projects. Christine is the only UK member of the official Spellbinders Design Team  and if you see her work, you can see why she was chosen. If you haven't looked at Sue Wilson's Particraft blog, I really recommend it too. Click to them both from my blog follows.

I will post the full card for the Vintage Tag that I posted last time, but it was for a commission so I am going to wait a few more days until after the recipient has had her birthday 'just in case'. All I can say is that I hope the recipient likes it as much as I enjoyed making it...it definitely a card that was a joy to craft!

Also, at the moment I am having a lot of trouble getting photos uploaded..my photos are showing in iPhoto but when I try and upload them they aren't where they should be! It's never happened before and I have no idea why it's happening now, but it's very very annoying! Apple what are you doing to me?!!!


Skating on Ice: 
Today's card is a bit of fun! I really enjoyed making it for a winter birthday.
Although it doesn't show in the photo (dam having to use flash!), I slightly distressed the edge of the white card with Spun Sugar distress ink. I stamped the image, from The Gruffies 'Dancing Queen' stamp set (by Ellen Jareckie, the same artist who gives us the wonderful House Mouse designs) and coloured it with Flex-markers and Promarkers. I then die-cut it using Grand Scalloped Rectangles, shading the edges with Spun Sugar. I used the same die on plain pink card and positioned them both at an angle. I tied a stripey bow in the corner, finishing off with a sentiment from my stash. Simple and a bit of fun!

Thank you to those of you who leave comments...and to my friends who do so on facebook as well...much appreciated!
Carole xx

No comments:

Post a Comment