Total Pageviews

Friday 20 July 2012

Emergency Crafter DT Card - Friday 20th July

Hello Blog Friends,

This is my design team card for the new Emergency Crafters Challenge..the theme for which is circles.
As now counting down to the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, I wanted to go with the theme, but apparently copyright has prevented stamps and digi-stamps from being sold with the official rings on them - at least that's what I kept seeing when I tried to find some. So I decided to make some circles of my own, by going back to basics....




I took the inner cardboard roll from empty cling film and foil packs. I tried first with kitchen towel (see I am learning from watch Ali Reeve from Stamps Away!), but it was too thin. The rolls inside foil have just the right thickness, great if you want to create a glass stain as well! I used distress inks to make the circles, faded jeans, black soot, mustard seed, shabby shutters and worn lipstick and because they resulted in a grungy look, the rest of the card followed in that direction. I shaded the entire card with worn lipstick, which gave a mottled effect to the background.

To carry through the circle theme I used the Penny Black 'I Love London' stamp set and chose the underground sign and the little torch bearer to stand on top. I coloured both with Promarkers. The biggest problem I had was finding the right paper for the base and the big circle (which I cut with a punch). Everything I had both in my stash and digitally was either too 'heavy' or the wrong theme/colours, so I decided to make my own simple script paper. All I did was type out all the  Olympic sports I could think of, with London 2012 in between, make it quite translucent and print to off. Finally I added the sentiment from a Nitwit collections Olympic digi set available from


Thanks for stopping by and if you want to take part in this challenge visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment