Total Pageviews

Friday 6 December 2013

Walking in a Winter Wonderland - Friday 6th December

Hello Friends,

From CAS cards yesterday to one that took a bit longer today! To make this vintage design card, I used one of Crafty Individuals' recent releases 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland'. I really like the image of friends walking in the snow - it reminded me of childhood, when I actually liked being out in the snow! Not any more!

For this 6x6 card, I started off with some holly backing paper from stash: I used a holly mask around the image and inked through very lightly with sage green distress ink, so that it is barely visible, then I coloured the image with intense pencils and then using a versamark pen, I sprinkled a think layer of white puff twinkle, mixed with sparkling snow embossing powder over the image, especially on the umbrella and around the image. Once the glitter is heat embossed a think snow is created!

The stamped image is matted and layered on kraft and red card and I also added a length of lace to the side. To finish off I added some punch holly leaves, gems for the berries and glittery wired ribbon.

I would like to enter this in the Crafty Individuals Challenge   'Something Festive'


Thank you so much for stopping by!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Such a lovely wintry image Carole. Like you it reminds me of being out in the snow with my two sisters when we were children. Nowadays I'd much rather be indoors and watch it from the window! love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, I love the image a perfect card for sisters or friends.
    Great design
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Carole, it's trying to snow here this evening, don't do snow like you I'd rather stay indoors.
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I have to agree about the snow thing - nice to watch from the window only. Beautiful festive card though and great colours! Thanks for entering the Crafty Individuals festive challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Carole,
    Great card, love the image. Good luck with the challenge.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful festive card. I have been making use of this stamp myself for most of my cards (although also having fun with the new Santa) so it is lovely to see the way another stamper is creating with it.
    There is a lovely, nostalgic feel to your card and I so like the addition of the holly.
    Thank you for joining the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Carole and the image is wonderful!xx

    ReplyDelete