Total Pageviews

Saturday 19 May 2012

90th Birthday: Saturday 19th May

Good Morning blog friends and hope you all have a great weekend!


Our day off yesterday ended up with a day in Cirencester, which is only about 20 miles away, followed by the weekly shop in Tetbury on the way home and after a pretty hectic week both at work and home, I was worn out!
I did go to the craft room and try to complete the Sunday Stampers Challenge, but it failed miserably and now the half-finished project is sitting on the shelf waiting for the right amount of inspiration - or failing that, fairy dust (!) to come along and finish it off...so I'll have to try harder next week!
Today's card was a commission earlier this week for a grandad's 90th, with a note that he likes gardening/flowers and bird watching.


I used some scrapbook card (from stash),with a distressed floral design as the base layer on an 8x8 card blank and then matted and layered this with white card embossed using a "That Special Touch of' mask. I then cut a rectangle strip for across the centre using dark green card and matted and layered this with a slightly smaller rectangle cut from card from the same pack as the base green. This was attached to the white and green card and then I tied bakers twine (I think from the vintage selection) around, tying a loose bow. I felt this would give it a more masculine and 'gardener' feel than a ribbon.
 The flowers are die cut from the anemone flower topper in wool felt and the leaves are little dies from the Chateau gate set. Apologies, I was about to pack the card for delivery when I realised I hadn't photographed it and that's why the blossoms are flat.


I finished off with buttons in earthy tones, a flower topper cut from Layered Flowers and a bird cut from Bird Sanctuary. The greeting is printed, cut using Lacey Ovals and distressed with Bundled Sage ink.


Thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment