Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 June 2012

Diamond Wedding - Saturday 2nd June

Good day blog friends,

Are you doing anything fun to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee? I'm looking forward to settling down and watching the concert Monday night, it'll be glimpses of the flotilla tomorrow as both Tom and I will be in our kitchen baking cakes (me) and savoury items (him)...we decided, or rather I decided that it was all pretty boring around here, nothing going on so, I had to do something about it! We had already invited the family over for tea on Monday, so as I had registered to do an afternoon tea for Cancer Research UK, intended for later in the Summer, I decided to bring it forward and invite the neighbours and some friends over and fundraise at the same time. A few people have offered to bake, but we are doing most of it and I have no idea how many will end up coming, as some haven't RSVP'd and I suspect they might still come...no matter, it will be fun and hopefully we'll raise a few ££'s...of course I'll be selling some cards as well!

Over this weekend, I am scheduling a few cards that I have made with Great Britain in mind -isn't this a great year to be British?

 Today however, is a card made for a commission recently and as it was for a 'diamond' occasion, I thought I would share it today...




This is an 8x8 white on white: I used heart doilies for the centre images, the 60 was cut using my Cricut and the butterflies are die cut using Spellbinders 'Wings of Hope'. The person who commission this asked for it to be boxed, so I could go to town a little with the embellishments. I also decorated the box with white organza ribbon and some flowers.

Sorry for the short description today, so much to do still to prepare for Monday!
Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment