Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 December 2012

Winter Wishes - Saturday 22nd December

Hello Blog Friends!

Well we all made it through yesterday, so all the effort we've put into making those Christmas cards wasn't for nothing! :)

After the hair salon yesterday, I came home and started making the labels for the family presents I had wrapped on Wednesday (they've all got temporary post its on..that won't do will it?)

I have photographed some of the wrapped gifts and that will  probably be my last pre-Christmas post tomorrow, but today's project is my design team make for the new Emergency Crafters Challenge: Winter Wishes ...just make something wintery - can be Christmas or  not; have a go as there is a prize!

This time I have made a tag (any excuse to make a tag)....

It's a large tag, which I covered in paper from Dovecraft's Back to Basics Vintage Christmas..I aged it a bit more by inking the edges with tea dye distress ink. The image is a stamp by Crafty Individuals, which I stamped on black card with versa mark and heat embossed with snowflake tinsel powder (in the same way as my Sunday Stampers tag this week).

I then added some gold edged satin green ribbon and a  Spellbinders snowflake die cut.

I had decided to take a few days break from any crafts after Christmas - Tom is home anyway, so I doubt there will be much chance to disappear to the craft room! I really do so enjoy making cards and other crafty items for Christmas and because I (like many of you) start in the summer, I do find it hard to adjust back to  non-Christmas makes - but I've already got quite a few commissions for January and Amy (my friend I do the workshops with) arrived last night with a bag full of goodies for me to 'play' with to prepare for our first workshop of the year at the start of February, which will focus on Valentines/love..I've looked at the stamps and stencils but so far my mojo is still seeing Santa's and Reindeer! 

Well we are almost there now friends aren't we? Only a few more sleeps!
Carole X

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful tag the reindeer is gorgeous and I love the snowflake tinsel powder. Nice snowflake too.. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty Tag, I really like the background technique.
    I love the colours and that beautiful Snowflake.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great tag Carole. Love that snowflake tinsel embossing powder. Have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Carole, gorgeous colours and lots of textures

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab, love the colours and effects. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Carole! I think you are tthe Queen of tags, you do then so well for any occasion!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, I am loving your beautiful tag, that CI stamp is much nicer that I thought when I first saw it on their website, sorry I didn't buy it now! Love the backing papers too. Like you, I am finding it difficult to thing of anything crafty without thinking of Christmas too. OH is hopefully buying me the Tim Holtz Noel die so I may just stick to making Christmas cards for next year. Look forward to your post tomorrow. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Carole what a gorgeous tag . Your creations are always fabulous to see and I love your style.
    I hope you enjoy your rest after Christmas and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Biggest hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete