Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Stitches.... Tuesday 18th February 2014

Good morning Friends,

Just a quick-ish post today...yesterday I had a great day with my friend Amy up at the Craft, Hobby & Stitch retail show at the NEC. We came away with new ideas 'overdrive', our heads were buzzing so much. So many fabulous examples of crafts and cards, especially from one of my favourite Companies, Paperartsy...but also Lavinia Stamps, Woodware and Creative Expressions to name but a few.

I'd arranged that we would meet up with the lovely Christine Emberson, who together with her fellow Spellbinders DT member Yvonne from the Netherlands, was still excited (of course) by the 2 awards they collected on behalf of Spellbinders at the previous night's ceremony. It was so nice to catch up with her.

We also had a nice chat with Julia Watts and I spent ages with Hels, being shown some of the lovely new paint and crackle medium products being brought out by Creative Expressions. Ali Reeve and Sue Wilson were busy demoing too and it was great to see Sue's new dies close up...as well as the beautiful cards she has been showing on her blog recently. Ali was chatting to some others all the time we were there, so I didn't get the chance to catch up on the lives of our hens!

We came away with lots of ideas for future workshops and of course, we wanted it all...but wanting and getting are two very different things!

Below are some very quickly snapped-with-my-phone shots from the Sizzix stand, which always has a lovely display (though we both thought last year's was better). The first two are Tim Holz's display (sadly he was in South Africa not Birmingham!)



A retro 50's feel with these new dies, which I liked a lot

Some lovely Vintage creations



Hels Sheridan demoing some lush new paint products for Creative Expressions


I have two days off now to catch up with some crafting, but first of all..yes..need to find some space to work in the craft room!

Before I go, thank you for all your comments on yesterday's 'white on white' - effectively a simple but time consuming card as there were a lot of die-cut elements and particularly as I also decorated the INSIDE, which I failed to add the photo of to my post! I have added it now..but to save you looking back, here, my friends is the inside of yesterday's card!!!


Bye for now and hope you get some crafting time today,

 Love and Hugs,
Carole X

13 comments:

  1. Loved looking at the show and the inside of your card is just soooo beautiful.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, sounds like you have a wonderful day at Stitches. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day at the show.
    Look forward to seeing all your idea turned into projects
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole.
    Sounds like you had a great day. Love your photos.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you do with all these ideas you picked up at the show. As you said wanting and getting are two different things, but you will maybe be able to adapt what you already have. The inside of your card is stunning. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so elegant on the inside too! Thanks for sharing your photos of the show, you must have had a fab time.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was great to have you with me yesterday Carole & to be able to share ideas for our future workshops. It took ages for me to get to sleep last night even though I was pooped after being at the show for 2 days! Then I woke up at 3 am with loads of images & ideas going round & round in my head!
    Happy crafting!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A remarkable card made EVEN better! with all the delicate detail on the inside!! : )

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! Thanks a bunch for sharing : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just a tad envious (well a whole lot really!) of your trip to Stitches. Thanks for showing us a few of the pics, love the one of Hels beavering away! I am really looking forward now to seeing all the creations your mind can conjure up........have a happy couple of days of crafting. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carole,
    well I think we are all very envious of your visit to the NEC. How very lovely to meet these fab people in person.
    Love the inside of that superb card. It is sooooooooooooo! elegant.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole, thank you for your numerous recent visits! I am SO envious of your NEC trip, thanks for the pics. The white on white card is amazing. I love it. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Carole

    There are just too many crafty goodies in the world aren't there?!?!?

    Sometimes by the time I add them to my stash they are worthy of being called "oldies but goodies" LOL!!!

    Loving all the photographs you have shared. Your creative thoughts must be well fired up!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Carole!! The inside of your card is stunning....now I'm off to find what you did on the front..hehe...thankyou so much for all your visits to my blog. Sadly I am so busy with work and life in general it took a bit to register that you were visiting often. I will be joining your blog too, just have to get my share of the internet..my son is a mad gamer who hogs the internet and the fact that my craft room has been built inside of our large shed it doesn't help my internet coverage. I have tried a couple of times with no success but will definitely persist. You are a very talented lady...love what I have seen of your creations.

    ReplyDelete