Total Pageviews

Monday 17 March 2014

Royal Hens! Monday 17th March 2014



Hello Friends!

First of all thank you so much for all your comments yesterday and for my owl the day before, he was fun wasn't he? I always love to read your comments and really appreciate them.

This Wednesday is my birthday and I had some early 'presents' when I checked out blog posts this morning...I had been a prize winner in two draws...some lovely digi images from Desire http://desiref.blogspot.co.uk  and an original card by Patti at http://stationerystyles.blogspot.co.uk  I love Patti's cards so am really looking forward to receiving it! Thank you!!!

Today, I thought I would share a couple of hens that I made recently: they are 'royal' hens, complete with crowns. The were made using a pattern by Tilda, which I adapted slightly from the original. I have made one more, slightly different and more in keeping with the original pattern, but I haven't photographed it yet, so will share it closer to Easter.

I made the little baskets to go with them, lined them with shredded tissue and all that needs to be added are so chocolate eggs (or real ones)!




 ....and finally, not a great photo, but here are our girls in their dust bath area, enjoying the sun yesterday. I swear our Black Rock, Cara always hides her face from the camera on purpose!

Thank you so much for stopping by and all of you, have a wonderful day!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

14 comments:

  1. Carole I love your crafted hens and the real ones, had daughter lot trying to follow me to the school this morning, it's ok them being free range but that was just taking it to far. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those beautiful hens, you are such a crafty gal! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday for Wednesday just in case I forget on the day.
    My mind seems to go going missing on important things these days!!!.
    I just LOVE those stunning Royal Hens they are beautiful
    Your "real" hens look like they are having fun in the sun!!
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hens are sweet! I love the crown : ) you always add the most creative touches to your projects : )

    Your real hens are beautiful! no wonder you enjoy them so much.

    Happy Birthday! thank you for telling us I will have to slip some extra treats in your prize package!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super duper hens Carole and I just love the crown Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of your hens, they are so lovely! Your handmade hens are gorgeous too, what beautiful creations. Congratulations on your wins and enjoy your prizes!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Carole, I love your gorgeous Royal hens, they are amazing and it is lovely to see the 'girls' having a dust bath. Well done on your wins, how fabulous to have two! Happy Birthday for Wednesday, hope you have a lovely day. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Carole,
    Love your hen's real and hand made. Stunning work.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. What adorable little hens you have created Carole. Love the picture of your relaxed hens in the sun.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy birthday Carole, I hope you have a lovely day and lots of crafting presents! Your hens are adorable, I really love them, both living and sewed! Brilliant work. Hugs Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to you Carole! 21 again no doubt. I hope you have a super day. Must also say that your handmade chicks are super (would like to have seen them with their choccy eggs but I would have been drooling then!!! As for the girls - they are lovely and look so content - even the diva with her head hidden!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carole I just adore your chicken friends which are sunbathing so nicely on the photo. Your basket creations are so fun too.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the hens you made, they are awesome!!! And cute pictures of the girls is their dust bath area!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These make wonderful Easter gifts with something lovely to keep after you've eaten all the choccies! Love the fabrics you've used & the crowns too.
    Hope you had a lovely Birthday
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete