Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 March 2014

Sunday Stampers - Week 297: Bright Colours - Sunday 2nd March

Hello Friends,

March already...I like March....Spring is (hopefully) around the corner and it's also my Birthday  this month! Yay!!

Yesterday it really did feel like Spring, it was gorgeous! Tom was even out pruning the vine with the help of the hens! Every afternoon, the hens have their corn balls: little plastic balls, which I put some corn in and they chase around the garden to knock the corn out. One of them has worked out that she can grab it with her beak, toss it in the air and when it lands it all spills...little monkey! So yesterday, I took us a cuppa out and we sat on the bench watching them and after they've finished, Penny, our great big fluffy Orpington always comes up for a cuddle...and you know I can't resist that!

I'm sorry to have been posting less than usual of late, but I have been crafting. This month I have a Spring craft fair and workshops to prepare for...at the craft fair I want to try and sell some of my sewn and wooden shape decorated makes, just little Easter decorations, so I have been 'head down' both sewing and paper crafting. On top of all that, work has been busy, so trying to fit all that in with blogging has been a stretch. The good news is that once they are all photographed I will have a lot of creations to blog!

So I hope Hels  will forgive me this week for including my Emergency Crafters DT creation as my Sunday Stampers challenge project? The Emergency Crafters challenge this month is Flowers  and there is a  lovely prize up for grabs....and Hels this week has set the challenge of bright colours...as I was about to post this today, it seemed to fit.




This is a wooden wall hanging, which I coated with gesso and then stamped with this Jane Austen image by Indigo Blu. I then masked the stamp and randomly stamped a crackle stamp, also by Indigo Blu over the whole paque.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and  once the base design was finished I gave it a coat of Mod Podge to seal. Once dry I added die cut flowers, all from Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms in corresponding colours. The butterfly is also a Spellbinders Die cut and the flourishes are Sizzix.

To finish I added a little lace border across the bottom and inked the petals of the flowers with a little Brushed Corduroy distress ink.

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting, I really do appreciate it!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

13 comments:

  1. So bright and beautiful Carole! Love it! Gorgeous stamp and flowers.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it"s beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it
    I really like how you have used the image. Great textures and embellishments.
    I have that stamp but never quite know how to use it.
    Recently you have given me a couple of options!!!
    Have a great week ahead

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card Carole. The spray of flowers looks great. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Carole,
    Love wall hanging, all beautiful.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty Spring hanging Carole. Love the colours you have used together & I do love that stamp.
    Glad to hear your hens have been enjoying a bit of nice weather.
    See you soon
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now have a wonderful vision of the hens running round the garden, I bet they were happy to see the sun too. Your hanging is beautiful Carole, I love that Elizabeth stamp and the butterfly and flowers certainly add some lovely dimension. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is such a treat to look at! Your colouring of this fabulous image is beautiful. Always love to hear about your hens, they sound so fun and adorable!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh yes I do like this Carole - the colours really stand out from each other to make a wonderful project. Love the dark red and gold together - scrumptious!

    I love the idea of Penny coming for a cuddle - that sounds sooo cute.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Carole, I love the romantic feel to it! Good luck with your sale I am sure you will do very well! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole,
    what a very super wall hanging. Full of bright colours and flowers. Fabulous design, and superb flowers you have created. Love that really great stamp too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving the bold colors and promise of spring!! we could sure use some color around our place! We are still quite literally buried under the white stuff : )

    I especially love your flowers! I have made these before but yours always look better!! : )

    Have a wonderful week.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous creation Carole, love the design... those hens sounds very funny, hours of entertainment watching and how cute that one comes for a cuddle! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete