Total Pageviews

Friday 1 February 2013

Sunday Stampers week 242 - Friday 1st February

Hello again Friends,

Welcome to my new follower...thank you so much for choosing to join my tiny part of this massive, warm-hearted creative part of blog land, I very much appreciate all of you!

As promised earlier  I am back with my Sunday Stampers project for this week...this time Hels Sheridan set us the theme of including the word 'Wish' in our projects. I have a confession about this one, it's still a work in progress! I had the idea on Sunday, started it Monday night, then got caught up with all the workshop preparations, plus I've had a lot of commissions land in my email box...so it was a bit of a hurried attempt to get it posted today.

I decided to make a grungy craft wish list book, somewhere to jot down all my craft desires and this what I have come up with so far...

 The cover is just a piece of cardboard I had saved in my 'art parts' box, from some packaging. I gave it a quick coat of gesso and after it hd dried inked it with Brush Corduroy and Vintage Photo distress inks. I wanted it to look quite grungy and like  a rough piece of wood.

I then inked the printed list with a Studio 490 stamp by Wendy Vecchi and distressed the edges. The typewriter stamp and letters are from a set by Sam Poole. I stamped the letters several times to use on the cover and index sheets. The corner element is a Teresa Collins Stamp. I stamped everything with clear embossing ink, fixed with clear embossing powder.

You can't really see it in the photo, but I did use a Cog Mask and put it through the Grand Calibur, the result is quite faint but does add another tactile element to the card.

The flower and butterfly  were in my box of die-cuts I'd already made and not used and the little button is something I made from salt dough after watchin Ali Reeve on TV a few weeks ago! I coloured it with Promarkers.
I wanted the cover to me a mix of all crafty items I love using..so we have stamping, Spellbinders, embossing, distress inks, masks and I had to get the Promarkers in there somewhere! I need to add more pages and index titles, but this was a fun little project!

Thanks for stopping by!

Carole Z X

11 comments:

  1. Love it!, yet another fab project Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, it is another wonderful creation from you - if it was mine then that old typewriter would be right at the top of my list - I actually learned to type on my Grandmother's ancient typewriter and it looked just like that - wish now that I had kept it. Such a good idea to have a wish list all in one place too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great project Carole. Love the typewriter and all the words you have used. The embellishments are all great. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great creation Carole

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Carole - love the old typewriter and letters. Great design.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole,
    a fabulous project. Love all the stamps used in this. Very clever design.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea for a project - I'm always looking for themes for mini books - do you mind if I "borrow" this one? MM x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did I manage to miss this fantastic project.
    What a great card, I love that beautiful rose stamp.
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous work Carole .. .. so many gorgeous elements.

    Loving the typewriter and the letters that look like the keys!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous art Carole, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete