Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 September 2013

Wedding Anniversary - Thursday 19th September

Hello Friends,

Today  is our wedding anniversary, so the card I'm sharing is the one I made for Tom. We have a shortish drive to a town called Los Alamos today and we are very much in the central Californian wine country. Normally I would make a large card, but because we were away, I made a smaller one and a little different to my usual style..something a bit dreamy and mystical!

Last night we stayed at an hotel we last stayed in 20 years ago...a themed hotel. The Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo. Last time we stayed in The Caveman Room, the most popular in the hotel...this time it was The Captains Bridge...decor was like the captains cabin in an old ship...we had a lovely meal in their very pink restaurant. I'm having problems getting my photos up at the moment, but our next hotel is 2 nights so I'll get it sorted hopefully!

Now to my card: I brayered the background using several inks and created the 'mound' with a paper mask. The stamp is by Lavinia Stamps and I typed the sentiment.

Our hotel for the next two nights is called The Victorian Mansion: it's a quirky bed and breakfast that only has 6 suites, all of them themed like our previous hotel (but that was massive!). I couldn't get the Egyptian or the Gypsy rooms as they were booked, so we are carrying on the nautical theme with our room here.

Los Alamos is in the heart of Central California wine country in the Santa Barbara area, so we are going to be doing some wine tasting whilst we are here. A  short walk from The Vick is Babbis Tasting Room, the tasting venue for Casa Dumetz Vineyard...more of that tomorrow after we have visited.

Thanks for stopping by,
Love,
Carole X




6 comments:

  1. I guess this has brought back lovely memories for you Carole. A real trip down Memory Lane. Lovely anniversary card. Congratulations. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    Great card, and happy anniversary, congratulations to you both. Have a lovely day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Carole and Tom,
    congratulations on your anniversary. What a lovely places to be visiting at this special time.
    Love your card today it's sooooooooo perfect for the occasion. Great brayering and I love that silhouette stamp.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,

    Lovely card, I like the brayering and the effect of the silhouette stamp. Have a wonderful anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary Carole (and Tom), hope you are having a lovely celebration. Love your card and how perfect for your anniversary. Enjoy the wine tasting! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Carole, hope you had a great anniversary!x

    ReplyDelete