Total Pageviews

Friday 3 January 2014

Birthday Banners - Friday 3rd January 2014

Good Morning Friends!

First of all I'd like to welcome my latest follower Patti, thank you for choosing to visit and follow  me Patti! 

I discovered her blog just last week and really like her style - do take a look -http://stationerystyles.blogspot.co.uk

Today's card is my first card of this year: I made it yesterday to send to a friend who's birthday is this month. Of course, after the break for the Holidays and spending the time tidying my craft room, I sat down and Mr Mojo was still off somewhere  - celebrating New Year no doubt, or may be I just didn't want to mess up my nice tidy desk (I'm joking of course!)....

Anyway I started to look through some of my 'Paper Crafts' magazines  for inspiration. I get this magazine from the USA and have done for quite some years and it's style suits the type of card I wanted to make - not too fussy.

I was inspired by a particular layout and this is what I came up with:



I inked the top of the card with embossing ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then inked over the design with Peacock Feathers distress ink and wiped away the excess, just leaving a slight ombre effect beneath the design.

I punched the paper ribbon used across the top of the card and made banners from paper. I adhered this to the card together with some blue ribbon tied in a bow.

Finally I die cut and made three paper roses to finish and added a greeting. I didn't photograph the inside, but I added a strip of the polka dot paper across the centre of the card, before adding the greeting.

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. The actual dies and papers I used are listed below.


Love and Hugs,
              Carole X


Materials used to make this card:

Stamp: Crafty Individuals CI -171
Peacock Feathers distress ink
Stamps Away Clear embossing powder
Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
Britannia dies - rose
Papers: Teresa Collins, Graphic 45 and other pieces from 'bit box'
Ribbon from stash
Greeting from stash
Martha Stewart Border punch


10 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the flowers!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carole,
    Lovely card, simple clean lines but very effective. Love your polar bears from yesterday.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the simplicity of this beautiful card Carole,
    Your mojo I'd probably keeping mine company somewhere warm and sunny!!!!!!!
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, love the clean lines and simplicity of the card, if only I could train my mind to think that less is more....... off to check out Patti's blog. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carole, I might say that maybe your Mr. MoJo and mine are out celebrating together, except that your card does not look like Mr. MoJo is missing at all. I really think this card is beautiful. The colors are so very pretty and the flowers look amazing in those papers. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful simple card. Carole
    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colourful. Love the mix of design papers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole

    I don't think Mr Mojo is very far away if you have created something as beautiful as this! Love the design and colours.

    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a very happy and healthy 2014.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole! What sweetie you are!! thank you for giving me a "shout-out" that is so kind of you. : )

    I've been busy the past couple of days - no time for paper crafting but I see you have been busy and productive. I really love your card! Your little flowers are wonderful!!

    Have a great week.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Carole, the colours match perfectly!x

    ReplyDelete