Total Pageviews

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Sunday Stampers wk 292: Orange Crush - Wednesday 29th January 2014

Good Morning Friends,

No sharing my desk on WOYWW this week...trust me, the state it's in, you really wouldn't want to see it - no really you wouldn't!

Anyway, I have been getting inky again for this week's Sunday Stampers Challenge, set by Hels Sheridan: if you aren't already acquainted with Hels fabulous work, please check her blog -here-

This week's theme is to include the colour orange, which I love!  This is a simple card:  No going to the office today, but I'm still trying to prepare for tomorrow's 'Out of the Blue' Craft workshop with some more samples, so a busy day ahead! 



I printed off some polka dot kraft paper from a Pink Petticoat download, adhered this to a white card blank and inked the edges with dried marigold distress ink.

I chose a stamp by Crafty Individuals,which I stamped on plain kraft card using clear embossing ink, coated it with white detail embossing powder and heat embossed. I then die-cut it using Spellbinders Labels One Small and inked over the whole shape with a mix of dried marigold and  spiced marmalade distress inks.

Then I die cut the same label on white card and inked over with the same inks, leaving it darker on the edges. To finish I added some sheer pale gold ribbon.

Inside the card I stamped a sentiment from a Creative Expressions set and die cut using Labels 4 Small. I inked in the same way as the label on the front of the card. I used a pale orange paper to make the flowers from a mixture of dies and punches and inked them to created a deeper colour.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for all your lovely comments on my page layout yesterday!

Love and hugs,
Carole X

9 comments:

  1. Morning Carole, great card & I really like the Crafty Individuals stamp, it looks lovely in white against the background. Have to say orange is not my colour but I may have a go at this challenge to challenge myself & hop over to see Hels.
    See you tomorrow
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love those bright happy colours... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, the image is so lovely and looks great against kraft! Love the inside too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Carole,
    Lovely card, love the colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Carole, love the flowers, sentiment and great design.
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Carole, I love that CI stamp and it looks so pretty embossed in white. I like the way you added the mat behind it too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love colours and the flowers. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding!! I love orange : ) It is one of the happiest colors I think : ) I really love how you embossed your flowers with white powder! beautiful card : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole,
    fab card, I too love orange or peach, but my first love is Pink. Great stamps used in this creation.
    Have a wonderful class tonight.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete