Total Pageviews

Friday 23 May 2014

Fairy Wishes - Friday 23rd May 2014

Hello Friends,

It's ok, I'm not going to bombard you with fairies every day from  now on, but I made this card in my same crafting 'session' as the tag from yesterday, so I thought I would post it today.

This card is 7x7 and was made using one of the 'scene creator' backgrounds from Lavinia Stamps. These are really useful for making a quick card, when you just don't have the time to create your own background using stamps or paints. Yesterday's tag took a whole morning and today's card about 30 minutes!


The background, including the leaves are all on the printed sheet. I stamped the fairy using a free stamp from this months Papercraft Essentials magazine. If anyone has these stamps and finds they aren't stamping well, they can be sent back to the magazine for replacement. Apparently they weren't produced by Lavinia themselves so they weren't aware that this had happened. It's only affected some runs.

I wouldn't say these stamps were entirely up to Lavinia's standard, but I'm not going to worry about sending them back. 

Because I really did want a quick card, I took inspiration from one of the examples in the magazine. The original design was by Tracey Dutton from Lavinia. I stamped the fairy once directly on to the card and then a second time on to white card. I used Versafine Onyx Black and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. This wouldn't normally be my ink of choice for heat embossing, but the ink is good to use with the stamps, especially the smaller detail stamps and the sentiments.

I then cut out the fairy and adhered her to the top of the original image, leaving the wings free to 'move'.


I stamped the toadstools directly on to the card and heat embossed. There are toadstools with the free stamps, but I wanted to use smaller ones, so I used a stamp I already had, Next I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. This was one of the free stamps and the one that was poorest quality, even using versafine, but having said that it stamped cleanly and is entirely legible, so I'm just being 'picky'. The font just a little bit too small.

To finish I stamped some little 'bubble' fairy dust stamps (also in free set) between the fairy's fingers and the toadstools using Versamark clear embossing ink and heat embossed with holographic powder. I then added a little stickles glitter in top of that.

I stamped the stars (I already had these) in versa fine sepia using the method of inking up the pad, stamping on copy paper and then the card to give less of an impression. I also used stickles to highlight the stars, wings  and around the leaves at the side.

The card was matted and layered on gold and black card.

That's all for today, have a great Friday, even if it's pouring with rain where you are, as it is here!

Many thanks for stopping by, you are very much appreciated!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous easy card Carole using the scenescape . I bought this magazine purely for th stamps but haven't tried them yet. I'd better check it out and see whether they work. Have a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy sweet....it has a whimsical feel... with the bright colors glowing. I hope you're still having fun making cards that take hours to come together:) I sometimes get lost looking for one thing and getting distracted by another...but it's all good, at least for me at 67... I can play all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, thanks for swinging by earlier. Love this card, the scenescape background is very clever. I do love a free stamp! Like the heat embossed toad stools, I am planning on having a heat emboss play this weekend. Enjoy the weekend, hope the sun comes out for both of us. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Carole,
    I just LOVE this sweet card, absolutely stunning.
    I bought the magazine today so will be having a "play" later
    Enjoy your evening

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quick card!? wowie so much detail. I love all your little extras!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried the stamps out either but they certainly look beautiful on your card. I love the background 'scene' and the fairy is beautiful. Hope the weather picks up over the weekend for you and that you have a good one. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole - really do like this card and had to stop in the middle of reading your post to try out my set of freebie stamps!!! They are nice though and I love how you have designed the layout and the background is gorgeous. Such a beautiful card.

    Hugs to you (and the girls) Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Carole.
    Firstly congratulations on winning Sue's card, I won a couple of weeks ago a lovely surprise.
    Now your card, it's very pretty very whimsical, love it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Carole and love the background..fairies are always so magical...and congrats on your card win.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredibly beautiful, I really love the magical theme. The image is gorgeous and the background looks stunning.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Carole, even though it was quick to make its still very effective.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Carole, truly magical!xx

    ReplyDelete