Total Pageviews

Monday 27 October 2014

Christmas Joy - Monday 27th October 2014

Good Morning Friends,

I hope you all had a good weekend! I didn't get much time to craft, although I rarely do at weekends. My craft days are the week days I don't work, however I did start to get the Halloween 'decor' ready for Friday when I'll be decoratong the porch.

Thank you for all your lovely comments about my lantern...my lanterns and the Halloween scene were started back in the summer, working on them when I could find time in between paper craft 'commitments', but they were great fun to make.

Today I am scheduling this post as I am in work (not my usual day)..the new national volunteering database is being launched today, so this week I need to go in when my volunteers are there to make sure they are good to use it (and I am to, haven't seen it yet!!! lol).

This card is the one I designed for my groups to make in the last two Out of the Blue workshops for this year..Amy and I have a break now until January - she is of course very busy in her shop and I need to get to grips with Christmas, especially as I am making some presents this year. I will finish off Halloween tonight  as Tom is going to be away for work and then it's my quick Christmas cards, some special birthday and my sewing machine will be working hard to :). I don't normally craft at night, but when Tom's away I don't sleep well so I'll be up late!



We were going to be using this Dreamweaver stencil with Cosmic Shimmer Texture paste in the class and I decided to use a silver paste and make up the card using three different  effects.

I used black and pearlised card and an  8x8 blank. I hardly ever make large cards now -usually only for commissions and to be honest, since I offered 7x7 instead, most people are going for them. However this is a large stencil and I think that it benefits from the large card.

For the first pearl layer I stamped Sam Poole's mistletoe background stamp with versamark ink and then heat embossed using WOW snow twinkling embossing glitter. The small panel is embossed through a Grand Calibur using Couture Creations 'New Year Dove' embossing folder.

For the top black layer I used the stencil: because of time constraints in the class we were going to have to dry the paste with a heat tool...we did this a few years ago in a workshop we attended that was delivered by Lynelle Harlow who designs these stencils. When the paste is allowed to dry naturally it gives a glossy, flat effect which is gorgeous, but heat drying until it bubbles up gives quite a bit of texture, totally different but just as good.

I allowed the dried image to cool and then added some glitter using a glue pen, just to give a bit more sparkle.

To finish, I tied some sheer white ribbon around the panel and added a bow using the same ribbon. I tied so while tulle around the bow and then using glue dots I attached the layered poinsettia (Spellbinders) using some glitter paper. Finally I threaded a little bell through some white twine, tied a bow and adhered it to the front of the flower.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I will hopefully share the cards that the ladies made tomorrow,

Love and Hugs
Carole Z X

13 comments:

  1. Morning Carole. Your card design for our workshops is gorgeous & very wintery. I don't think I actually got time to look at it properly at either workshop, both were pretty busy with all that heat embossing. I love the added sparkle with the glitter & flower & also the tiny bell.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful Halloween creations this week!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole a beautiful design, for this gorgeous card. You are going to be very busy. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Carole your card is gorgeous. The ladies at your group are going to enjoy making this. It will be interesting to see what they create. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, awesome, Gorgeous colours here and loving the awesome design as always....
    aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Carole,
    Lovely card, so striking.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carole, The whole card is stunning, but I think I like the bow type thingy the best. It's gorgeous. We are once again two peas in a pod. I do not sleep well when Sam is away and so stay up late crafting :) Have fun..I am itching for some desk time Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a wonderful design Carole and so very effective in those colours - and that bow is just gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Carole, so much detail.
    Have a great crafty week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the design of your card Carole and I am sure your ladies will love making it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear friend your card is so pretty!! I just love the soft shimmer and inviting image : ) Is winter really going to be on us soon? sigh!

    Thank you for your understanding at my lack of visits. I do hope to have more time very soon!! Until then I hope all is well with you and your family.

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carole,
    playing catch up with my comments today.
    What a duper creation today.
    I love that winding path and all the other elements used on the super card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card - the silver paste looks so elegant! I love the gorgeous bow too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love this card Carole, very elegant!xx

    ReplyDelete