Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 February 2015

Happy Valentine's Day! - Saturday 14th February 2015

Good Morning Friends!

Sorry I have been missing for a few weeks - it seems so long! The first week was a busy week at work, nice busy, but with our AGM and plans for volunteering events later this year taking shape, it was one of those times, when life really did take precedence over crafts...and then last weekend I got a bug of some sort, aches, queasy and then the worst headache I think I've ever had, it was really hard to look at a computer screen...never mind...it was nothing really and all ok now!

I came back to blogland with some great news...another Top 3 in Eileen Hull's "Art with Heart" January Challenge for my  pin cushion and I won Bibiana's Throwback Thursday Challenge for my Valentine wall hanging and card set. I was thrilled to be the prizewinner.

Today I am sharing the card my group made at our Out of the Blue craft group last week. This month the theme is Valentine and we were using the Sizzx Affection Verso dies. I hadn't used any of these dies before and they are very good and very versatile. I didn't get a lot of chance to 'play' with them before the workshop, except to design my card, but I have been using them today.

So, there will be some more love themed cards coming up post Valentine's Day I'm afraid!



The card is a tunnel card in red and black, with concertina folds at the sides, allowing it to fold flat in the envelope. I also added die cut flowers using  Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms.




I would like to also show you another project today: some of you follow Christine Emberson's blog and every month she sells a charity kit, a card or other craft make. This month it was a wooden heart banner. I used all the papers and die cuts included, but I also painted one of the hearts with chalkboard paint and wrote on it...


That's all for today, I hope you all have a day full of love and enjoyment, nice to be back!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

16 comments:

  1. Great card Carole and beautifully decorated banner! Good to have you back too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant makes Carole love them all.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole I am sorry to hear that you have been ill. As you know I have been ill in fact I am still not better and that is after two weeks. Your card is fantastic. I love the decorated banner. You are so creative I am not surprised that you win prizes. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs Jackie, feel better soon...I am finding that I think I'm fine and then start feeling a bit achy and headaches again, but hopefully we'll both be back to normal soon, xxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful and delightful cards..Great to have yu back....super image and design.xxx

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your wins Carole, so well deserved! Your pin cushion was one of my favourites!! I love your project today, the red and black together are amazing and all those intricate die cuts are incredible! You won't be the only one with post Valentines projects...I will join you with that one, tee hee! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole, I love all three. And congrats. On your wins you deserve it as they were wonderful. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Carole, so well deserved too! So sorry that you have been poorly - sadly I have had the same symptoms for a few days now.... hope it passes soon.

    Your card is completely stunning, I love red and black, it is so striking and the composition is superb. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne', hope you feel better soon xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Carole, I loved your red & black combo. Very striking & almost Spanish Flamenco looking as we both said. Our ladies really did enjoy our workshop on Thursday & it was great to have you back on board. Hope your 'lurgy' has well & truly gone now, & hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Looking forward to seeing your other creations with these dies this Thursday, they are lovely to use.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creations of love. Hooe you had a lovely Valentines.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Carole! gorgeous card, I adore the color combo! cute heart banner too!

    add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeously intricate card, all the delicate layers are genius! Great job. I'm glad you're back in action and beginning to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning valentine projects Carole sorry to hear you've been poorly

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. There you are stranger!! Back with force. That card box is swoony(not a word) I LOVE IT. I love the little heart banner kit too. Hope you are feeling better now - I got my gorgeous card, you are very clever and I really really want the sentiment die :) Cx

    ReplyDelete