Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 February 2012

Floral Acetate Card - February 4th

Afternoon Bloggers!


I'm still having problems with Blogger finding photos I upload to iPhoto, so for today I'm sharing a card I made some time ago....hopefully will get it sorted tomorrow and be able to schedule daily blogs for next week. Hope you are all keeping warm! We've been having some snow this afternoon - on the local radio today, the presenter was asking what we would put in room 101...I don't have to think very hard: snow!


This is actually a really simple card, but still quite effective (I think!). I used the heavy card quality acetate as the'blank', A4 folded in half. Everything else was from stash: the flowered card was from an old scrapbook paper pad that featured a 'rainforest' theme, with lots huge floral images. I cut the shape/greeting in background by hand, having printed it out from one of my Polkadoodles cds (I have all of them, but it must have been an earlier one, Paper Boutique methinks). I printed the polkadot paper from the same cd and made the flower in the foreground by hand, using circle punches. The brad in the centre is from my brad box. I finished it off with co-ordinating silk ribbon. I only ever made one card in this style and sold it last year...so maybe it's time for a re-visit.


Notice anything about this card? Not a Spellbinder in sight! Reason? I made it pre-Grand Calibur :)


Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment as I love to read them and if your not already following, please do!


Bye for now,
Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment