Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Patchwork Dove - Tuesday 2nd October

Good morning blog friends!

I promise today's post won't be a marathon like Sundays! I do want to say a big hello and thank you to my new follower, I am slowly edging to 50 followers and sending that Candi out to one of you lovely crafters!

On Sunday's post I mentioned that the Halloween card was made almost entirely using my Cricut and that provoked a few of you confessing to having one and not using  it much..well to tell you the truth I am no better! Last October I made some cards using the Halloween images cut with my Cricut and whilst I was doing that, I cut a load for my stash box, so some more of my Halloween cards will have Cricut die cuts, but I don't know if it's time or because there always seems to me so much pfaffing (is that a word?), I hardly ever use it - and there is Jiminy (how original) sat on my desk in front of me, along with his gypsy friend! At the moment, I need to get a new blade, so maybe when I actually get around to that, it will have a new lease of life! It's the little Cricut that they brought out first and just call it the cutting machine, no fancy name like Expression or Imagine, so I just had to name it!

Thanks to those who commented, I did actually reply to everyone of you who commented up to yesterday afternoon :)

So, to today's card....

This simple little Christmas card is made using the Woodware Patchwork Dove stamp. When Amy and I went to the Woodware Workshop day, we made a similar card with the Noel word stamp (which I showed on here a few weeks ago). I really quite like paper piecing, so when Amy has this stamp for sale in her shop, I decided to buy it. With these stamps, you literally stamp once on base card and then, with this one I stamped 6 more times on the patterned paper I wanted to use, cut out and pieced together. The dove is mat and layered in a square of Kraft card, which I embossed with a snowflake design and they coloured with gold ink.

To finish off I used Cosmic twinkles on the wings and body. It's just a simple little card, that is quick and fun to make.

Thank you so much for stopping by and following me on my crafty journey, crafty hugs to you all,
Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Morning Carole, I love your card, I have a real soft spot for birds and this one is beautiful, the different papers work so well, great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, jut love the bird and the card. So sweet.

    Wilma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I love the bird, have not seen that before. I have a Woodware patchwork Christmas tree that I bought about 3 years ago and it comes out every year but I always hand colour it - thanks to seeing your inspiring card I am going to try paper piecing this year! Your card is really beauiful and I love how the papers all work so well together. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, love the bird stamp and what you have done with it! Beautiful card!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole,
    wonderful card, the dove is so lovely. Wonderful idea the patchwork. I use my Cricut Machine quite often but mainly for letters or numbers. Mine is also a earlier model, I also had the gypsy but couldn't get on with it so I sold it and bought lots of embellishments and a couple of new dies with the money. I also had sissex machine but when I had my Cricut I gave it to my granddaughter. Oh just thought I have made roses with the Cricut too.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Carole and I do like the bird and how you have done the paper piercing, another technique to have a go at. Hope your Tuesday has gone well, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Carole - I love paper piecing - it is so effective. This stamp is certainly a good one for this and I guess you could colour the image if you wanted to, just for a change. I did smile when you said about your Cricut - I'm so glad I'm not on my own. It's a good idea to do a few at a time, I do this with my GC when it's out.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete