Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2012

Workshop photos - Sunday 14th October

Hello Blog Friends,

I hope you are having a super weekend everyone! Thanks for your comments on my sporadic posts this week, which has been a particularly busy one - but I did manage to get around most of your blogs and see all your lovely creations..apologise if in my rather too hurried blog hops, I left anyone out!

No card as such today, we had a workshop on Thursday and I had already posted the card we made..so apologies for a bit of repetition. Three ladies who normally come together, couldn't make it at the last minute and they were from my group, so I only had a small group this time - however, two of the ladies  were first timers and had never paper crafted before, so it worked out okay for them!

The card they made is this paper pieced NOEL card, using a stamp by Woodware.



It's not a difficult card, just a lot of cutting out and measuring for the matting and layering, but all the ladies made lovely cards and I think our first time crafters were very pleased with the results. The Dove paper pieced card is going to be used in a few weeks time  for a demo day we are doing at the Library where I work. Our local Council is dedicating a month to encouraging people to take up new activities (Myself and my volunteers had a very successful day encouraging new volunteers this week!) .The library is organising a Hobbies and craft day and we will be giving people the chance to make a card. We also did this last year and it was very successful.

Amy and I have one more class this year, in a few weeks time when will be making a card with Dreamweaver stencils. Then we will be taking  break until January, although we have next year's classes to plan of course!

Not so many photos this time, for some reason the rest of them didn't come out too well...I probably wasn't concentrating!




I still have more commissions to fulfil, but hopefully I'll get something made that I can post tomorrow. I'm awaiting the go ahead to post my next Fantastic Ribbons DT project (which I am really pleased with!) and keep watching because in the next few days I will be posting a photo of the candy I have gathered so far, to send to one of you lovely crafters when I get to 50 followers!

Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, I like this card and must hunt around for workshops in my area. I am self taught, watching craft shows on TV reading magazines etc and would love to attend a class. Hope your reach 50 followers soon.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    lovely photos of your class. I too am self taught, only what I have picked up from C and C and all the wonderful demos I have watched on there over the years. Went to a class once at the Paper Mill shop to learn how to make exploding boxes, but they sadly closed down not long after.
    Have a wonderful crafty day good luck with making those commissions.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,

    This is a lovely stamp and makes up into a great card.

    I think most of us crafters begin our journey on our own and then hopefully attend classes etc to pick up new techniques. Unfortunately I live out in the sticks with no craft shops atec so the only "classes" I have attended are a couple of "Make and Takes" at the NEC. Thank goodness for teh internet, and all our lovely blog friends, is all I can say.

    Have a great day!

    love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, that was such a lovely card to teach your class and it looks like they all did a brilliant job on their cards. I can remember well my first cards, now I shudder at the thought but we all have to start somewhere so your classes must be very special for the ladies who attend. Really like the idea of encouraging people to take up a hobby too. Hope your Hobby and Craft day goes well and that you soon get to 50 followers too. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, a lovely card for your ladies to make and the stamp is great, I am sure they were thrilled with the end result. I too am self taught learning from the guest presenters on C&C and of late following and obtaining inspiration from you very talented bloggers. Went to one workshop and thoroughly enjoyed it but unfortunately family had to come first so couldn't continue but I so enjoy my own journey in craft land. Good luck with your hobby and craft day, what a wonderful thing to do. Hope your weekend has been a good one, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete