Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Sunday Stampers week 231 - Birds - Wednesday 14th November

Hello Blog Friends,

First of all welcome to my new follower and thank you for following me! Please leave a comment when you visit, I really do appreciate and read them all.

Today it's Sunday Stampers time again and this week Hels Sheridan has set the theme of Birds, one of my favourite things! I actually had a lot of ideas, the cute stampavie stamp I have used on here sometimes, using a stamped background with my Spellbinders cage dies..but in the end I decided to go all Steampunk again and use the Steampunk Christmas stamp from  Sam Poole (Creative Studios).

My taste in cards, in fact all the craft and paper craft I make, is very eclectic...I'll go from the cuteness of LOTV and House Mouse to the grunge of Steampunk at the twinkle of an eye...well it keeps me on my toes at least!



I actually made this card late last night whilst watching Hels bring us Tim Holz crafts on Ideal World, so that's my excuse for it being a bit 'thrown together' this week..how could I concentrate whilst drooling over all that Tim temptation and Hels' amazing creations and demos?????

Have to say Hels, if you read this (I know you will be even busier than usual with the shows), I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything else from anywhere crafty before Christmas, but you do too good a job! The Rock Candy and adhesive frosty film are on their way! I've got to say that there couldn't have been a better person to bring Tim to us last night...well done Hels!

The base card is kraft card and to begin with I used a cogs mask from 'That Special Touch' and inked it with versamark before putting it through the Grand Calibur. Then I heat embossed some transparent holographic powder over it, just to give some sparkle to the background. I stamped the steampunk robin, 25, 'Christmas' and the festive lightbulbs and coloured the robin with metallic silver and grey promarkers before cutting him out. Then I used a versamark pen over the top hat and 25 and heat embossed using tinsel red embossing powder. The lightbulbs were coloured in with glitter gel pens.

Finally, used the Sprightly Sprockets Spellbinders dies with some cardboard from packaging and coloured them with Ranger Brushed Pewter metallic distress stain (yes there is some Tim on this card!) and arranged them on the card with the robin perched on the middle...all a bit of fun!

No much crafting time for me today, I'm actually having the 'day off' to meet a friend for lunch and do some Christmas shopping and then tomorrow it's back to work..catch you all later and thanks for stopping by!

Carole X

5 comments:

  1. To me steam punk and Carole are synonymous! Whenever I see it I think of you. This is a great card, love the bird and I love that cheeky hat he wears. HAve a good day. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    wonderful card. Love the hat on the bird. All that lovely work as usual gone into your background.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, well that makes two of us spending last night, I am supposed to be good too but could not resist the frosty film and rock candy either - oh and also those lovely WV tag tops. Love your card today, like you I have a very eclectic style and love most things crafty. The little hat on the bird really shows him off to his best advantage. Love it. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, that bold hat is fantastic. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, thanks hunny, I was completely over the top overwhelmed by that phone call!!! And so honoured to be able to bring those shows to the UK telly too! And... yes, GOOD ON YOU for havving a little treat.. you will LOVE that Frosted Film, tis fabby stuff! Loving your card, I keep saying... I need that stamp! thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete