Good Morning Friends,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I really do appreciate it! I should be posting more often this week and hopefully getting back to normal as my back improves ( I am touching everything in sight that's made of wood for luck!), I just have a lot of catching up to do - still a few commissions left, workshops and DT projects!
At the weekend I was playing with these window and window box dies from Tonic, which we will be using at our workshop this week...and this is my group's card..
I matted and layered the card using pink and white pearlised card, finishing with a layer of polka dots in pink and white - that is the basic mat and layering.
To create the top layers, I first of all used a brick walk mask by Wendy Vecchi. I mixed a little dreamweaver pearlescent embossing paste on my mat, with a few dabs of Victorian Velvet distress paint. This just makes the paste pale pink. I spread this all over the mask and then carefully removed to reveal the brick wall. I set this aside to dry, whilst I dressed the window and window box.
To make up the window, I die cut it on white card, and covered the back with acetate and pink pearlescent card. I made the canopy using the same polka dot paper, cutting two strips and trimming the edges with deckle edged scissors. I fixed it to the window with tape and 3D foam pads on the front to make it stand out.
The window box die also comes with flowers and leaves, but for this project I used flowers cut from various dies and punches, which I coloured wirh Promarkers and then added some distress inks to the edges, just to make the colours more variegated. I found it easier to stck the box to the window with foam pads before decorating it with the flowers.
Once the wall had dried, I decided to cut around the 'bricks' and then took some Spun Sugar ink and inked the edges. I glued this to the card and added the window & box. For a finishing touch I die cut a little birdie, which I coloured with Promarkers and ink, stamped a greeting and fixed both of these to a cocktail stick, which I had coloured with a little distress paint, to make a planter 'pick'.
I really enjoyed using these dies and have lots of ideas, some of which I have already made into cards to share over the next few weeks..
Thank you so much for stopping by, it's so good to be back crafting and blogging! Thank you for all your good wishes X