Total Pageviews

Friday 17 August 2012

Christmas Wreath - Friday 17th August

Good Morning Blog Friends,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments over the past few days, I read them all and very much appreciate them I promise you. 

A quick post today as I have had such a busy week: my cousin and her family came to visit on Wednesday, my usual craft day - we had a lovely lovely time though, the children aged 10 and 12 are just the best, confident, interesting and not at all minding chatting with the adults, lovely kids - so many photos were taken of our hens! Talking of hens, the new girls are doing well and even if I don't get to post any cards over the weekend, I'll post a hen house update! Having been so busy with non crafty things this week, I  still have lots to do to prepare for our next workshop on Thursday, so that will take up most of today I think!


Today's card is just the simplest! I made it in about 10 minutes before work, a few weeks ago but it wasn't until I saw Ally Reeve demo-ing much the same technique yesterday on  C&C, that I remembered that I hadn't posted it yet...



The card is small,  just 5x5 and for the stamp I used Card-io Majestix 'Clematis Garden' - a set of teeny tiny summery stamps! When I bought them, I also got three tubular (peg) acrylic blocks, which really does speed up the use of this type of stamp.

 In the centre of the card, lightly in pencil I drew around the inside of one of my circular Spellbinders dies (in lieu of a circular template). This provides the base for the wreath. Then using the little stamps and Fired Brick, Bundled Sage and Tattered Rose distress inks I stamped randomly around the edge of the circle. It doesn't matter that the stamps aren't intended for Christmas, the fern leaf looks enough like a pine sprig and the tiniest flowers in deep red can appear as berries..use other colours and the effect would be totally different.

I die cut Spellbinders Tear Drop Circles, stamped the greeting with an LOTV stamp and then stamped randomly in the same way as the wreath. I dried off the distress inks in between with a heat tool.

To finish off I added a bow and inked the edges of the card with Fired Brick...goodness me I think this took longer to write up than to make!

Tomorrow I should hopefully be able to upload my DT card for Emergency Crafters and let you know what prizes are available this time. Next month I will also be starting to post my DT makes for Fantastic Ribbons, yay!!!

Meanwhile have a lovely crafty days friends!

Carole X



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Carole This is a stunning card. Love the red and the green and the wreath looks amazing!
    Have a good weeken!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Carole! Looks so effective.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    wonderful card, love the colours, and stamped image, and that double sided ribbon is just fantastic. Can't wait to see tomorrows creation. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever Carole. It proves the need to think outside the box. Who would think little summer flowers and leaves could make such an effective Christmas wreath. It's very pretty. Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really stunning card Carole, love the colours and those diddy stamps too. Looking forward to an update on the chickens! My Son and DIL have three chickens and he complains that I always ask about them first - I must be a bad mother........Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, such a pretty little card and just shows the versatility of tiny stamps. A lovely Christmas wreath. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete