Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 August 2012

Garden Page Layout - Sunday 5th August

Good Morning Friends!

My scheduled post for yesterday was my Emergency Crafters DT project, but that has been slightly delayed, so today I am sharing a scrapbook layout I made this week to email to Christine Emerson for her regular photo inspired gallery of projects submitted by her blog followers.

If you haven't visited Christine's blog, click the link above and have a look, especially, if like me, you are a Spellbinders addict! Christine is the UK member of their design team and is soon opening her own Spellbinders Academy in Kent.

I was inspired by two of the photos Christine posted: a summerhouse and flowers and this time I really wanted to make a page layout. I love scrapbooking, but cards take up most of my time and lately I've been making a few 'art' projects, so my photos are piling up (well they would be in the 'old days', now they are just sitting on my computer!). Next year we are hoping to start including scrapbooking craft classes, so I do need to get back into it...so expect a few more coming up!

We are lucky, our garden is fairly large: we have a greenhouse, where Tom potters when he has the time, a summer house, which doubles as a summer craft room and is a place of exploration for our pet hens!

Those of you who have been following me for a while, will know that back in May we lost our 5 year old hen Buffy, our original 'girl', which left us with just one hen, Cara, which wasn't ideal. So today I am introducing Bella, another Bluebelle like Buffy and probably the most mischievous hen we have ever had! Shortly we will be adding again to our little brood, so watch this space...


This is a 12x12 page, which I inked around the edges using a stamp from Creative Expressions, Dandelion Wishes stamp set with Broken China distress ink to create a frame. I then inked the edges wiith the same colour. I don't usually include a lot of photos on my pages, but I wanted to show the summer  house and it's use - both by me and the hens, plus some colour from the garden itself.It doesn't actually reflect in the photo, but each photo is cut using a Classic Rectangles Spellbinders die - I picked this set up for a few ££'s in a sale last month and boy is it a useful worker stamp!

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post my delayed project: I have been making some commissions, which I can't show as yet and have also been trying to get my Christmas cards made, so there may be a few missed days this week!

Before I go today, I've been taking party in Photo a Day this month...you just share a photo every day, it's been fun so far, but I've been sharing via twitter...so these are my photos so far...I do confess that I missed August 3rd, but that's allowed, I can make up for it...to join in click the above link!

Happy Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
Carole X

Aug 1st: Outdoors - Bella in the garden -misbehaving!
August 2nd - a coin - take your pick of coins! Our coin jar

August 4th - somewhere I sat - here's where I'd been reading my book


August 5th - a logo - here's the one from where I work!





3 comments:

  1. Carole - I love your layout showcasing your hens, I will tell my Bella she has a namesake! Thank you so much for the mention and pleased you are also taking part in Photo A Day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Carole. Love the layout and your photo a day contributions are great, especially flying the Union flag of UK. Hope you are having a great Sunday.
    Best wishes Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page layout - the chucks are soooo cute Carole. Your photos a great - can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete