Good Morning Blog Friends, both new and those of you who have been with me for a long while...hope you all have a super holiday weekend!
Yesterday was a busy one: I gave an afternoon tea for the ladies who volunteer for me (I work for a charity and we wouldn't exist without these wonderful people). We had a lovely natter and were entertained the whole time by my hens in the garden.
Talking of hens, the new coop was delivered as arranged, so this weekend my brother-in-law is joining us to help us put it all together..it's huge too! I will post pictures. Yesterday evening I also finished off a job I'd started in the morning - I tidied my craft room! Here is a photo of my desk, the tidiest it ever gets - and that won't last long!
Today I thought I'd share three little tags that were all made quickly from left overs...
The first two tags were made using the wings that were cut off the Steampunk dress form stamped image used in our workshop yesterday. I embossed a tag by running it through my Grand Calibur using a floral mask and used Milled Lavender distress ink to colour it. Then I glued the wings on the tag to make a butterfly. I finished off by adding some gold wire for the antennae and three little dots of Cosmic Shimmer Gold PVA along the body, plus some lace and ribbon.
For the second tag, I again used a set of wings removed from the dress form. I re-stamped the image and spritzed both that and the tag with Cosmic Shimmer mists (again using the mask on the tag). I then added the 'spare' set of wings, which had already been spritzed with different colour tones. The tag was finished off with some pretty ribbon.
The last tag was very easy..it is just a plain cream label. I inked the edges lightly with Bundled Sage distress ink. I then added a rectangle of green polka dot paper. I matted and layered the green paper with cream card, die cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals. I found a piece of coredinations card in a box where I keep die cuts that are 'spare', this had already been sanded and die cut using Lacey Ovals, but the delicate edge had torn when removed from the die, so I cut it all around to make it a plain oval.
I finished off with a piece of seam binding, on which I stamped the greeting. The flower is made from wool felt using Spiral Blossom One - again this had been made previously and was in a box where I keep all my extra die cut flowers.
Well, come rain or shine and it looks much like the former, we have a busy day ahead, so you all enjoy yours and hopefully I'll be back tomorrow!
Carole Z X