Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Halloween Sparkle - Tuesday 29th October

Good Morning Friends,

I know there are really  mixed views about Halloween; I love it and love making cards and crafts for it. Sadly this year there has been very little time to create really spooky cards, but I have managed some quick ones which I have already posted, I have one more today and another that I am saving for Halloween itself.

I have enjoyed looking around the blogs of some of you who are also very  much into the creepiness and the fun  of the Holiday and also some others I have come across this last month or so, but this year definitely seems to the the year of the 'fun' Halloween card. I have seen some fabulous creations using the adorable House Mouse stamps and at the weekend, I was commenting on my section of entries to the Emergency Crafters challenge (yes it's now back up and working) and there were some superb fun entries there - there have been  a lot of entries this time, which seems to prove how popular Halloween is - there is still time to enter your Halloween project (closes Thursday) just hop over to Emergency Crafters.

I spent most of Saturday making my project for the next challenge - it's a theme I love, but don't get much chance to use in my designs as I don't get time to just craft for 'me' much any more; so I really had so much fun creating it..all will be revealed on 1st November!

So for today another Halloween Design...


I used a base layer of black card and matted and layered with this gorgeous spidery paper I downloaded last year from Chocolate Baroque. I traced the spiders web with Crystal Stickles, which gives a super iridescent effect.

The remainder of the papers I used for this card were from the fabulous Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells pad (and whisper whisper I've used this paper to make my entire DT project for Friday..sssh!).

The circle was cut with Spellbinders Classic Circles and the witches hat using my Cricut (actually I cut it last year and never used it as it was in my Halloween stash box). The little button was from a pack bought in Michaels on holiday and the sentiment is a stamp from Chocolate Baroque.

Before I go today, I thought you might like to see some photos of grapes we've harvested from our own vine this year...we've been going so many away and have frozen loads (frozen grapes after a special meal are lush!).

These are just a few..I took quite a few bunches into the library yesterday to give away and Tom to his office as well. They are pinot noir and quite sweet. The hens had a field day when we were picking the last of them at the weekend...I didn't have so  much fun washing them as there were so many spiders!



Thanks for stopping by!

Love and Hugs,
Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Carole,
    I am one of those not a lover of Halloween, but I do LOVE your wonderful card.
    Mmmmm!! loving the look of those grapes. When we lived in Turkey we had a vine of Green grapes draping and shading our terrace.
    They were so sweet, like you we enjoyed them "frozen" as well as in "juice" form..........!!!!
    Have a great day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole

    Love the background and all the lovely layers on your card.

    I have never eaten a frozen grape!! You have managed to grow loads!!! You will be making wine next!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Carole.
    Not into Halloween myself, but your card is great. We had a grape vine in our old house, and as you say there are always a lot of spiders.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into Halloween personally, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the projects and cards that are around, and this is a wonderful card. \those grapes look absolutely delicious. Love and hugs from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your halloween card Carole...like many other I'm not a halloween fan but I know my grandchildren are.....those grapes look absolutely delicious....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole,
    I love Halloween. I think it's great for the children. They enjoy it soooooooooo! much a good excuse to indulge in the lovely sweet treats.
    I think your Halloween creation is just fabulous as usual. Would love to be in the US for Halloween they do celebrate this in style.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete