Total Pageviews

Wednesday 2 October 2013

WOYWW week 226 - Wednesday 2nd October

Good Morning Friends,

Thanks for all your 'welcomes home' yesterday!

This is the first time I've shared my desk in a while, mainly because you can't usually actually see it by Wednesday :) ! Full details about WOYWW can be found at Stamping Ground here

Anyway, I thought this would be a good time to share the goodies I bought in MIchaels and Joanns stores on our recent road trip across California. Amazingly both were offering 40% discounts across stores - so off a whole purchase - sadly I was limited to just lighter items due to suitcase space!  I Knew I should have left out some of those shoes I took!!

Since we got back at the weekend, I have been totally unable to get my creative juices flowing...I think Mr Mojo has stayed in California (can I blame him? NO). Truthfully I think the real reason is too much on my mind...work for instance...October is 'try something new month' in our town, so next week I have to out up a big volunteering photo display, plus I am going to be training three new volunteers to cover our Centre on the days I don't work...all that... and coming back to a pile of work after holidays (though thanks to my volunteers a lot of it was covered).

Then there's craft - next week we have  a workshop and the week after that? Wednesday I am helping set up a 'try a craft event' in the library where I work and also taking part. I have to make up about 30 'make and take' kits for people to come in and make a card ( and I still haven't completely decided what I'm doing!), then the Thursday in work I'm holding a social media drop in event all day, my social media expert, Paul and I, will be helping community groups to get into Facebook, tweeting, blogging and more... and then a  quick dash to our workshop in the evening...I'm worn out writing this...on the Saturday I have a craft fair! Less said about how unprepared I am, the better!

All this and all I want to do at this time of year is make Halloween items and I have no time this year :( ....and I still can't get my head around Christmas.

I think I am going to need another holiday..lol...I'll be lucky..not for  a long while I suspect!


The items on my desk are mostly pretty little autumn embellishments we don't see so much here, plus a stencil which I have the idea to use on an altered frame and for scrapbooking. I also got some Halloween and Flourish stamps. Much like our Hobbycraft stores here, they don't seem to have many in-store stamps and most of them were wooden..however they were good prices. There was a good die selection, about the same price - except for the big discount - but most of the Spellbinders ones I saw I had already, so I just bought a flourish because that is something I was really needing.

Do you see the little paper pumpkin? I made this whilst sitting on the sofa watching TV the other night: it's from a craft magazine I bought in the USA. It's just strips of paper and if I get the chance I will photograph it properly with a tutorial ..no promises though!

A lot of the above will be used for scrapbooking...the USA loves this craft and there is so much you can buy for pages. I could have been going on holiday anywhere in the world and bought embellishments to match..wonderful!

These are specific ones I came back with..



Before we went away I was working right up to almost the last day, finishing the presents I made for my folks in the USA, so my craft room is looking pretty unruly (even for me). At this moment, the only thing I can find is my iMac! So I am now off to give it a good tidy, hoping that Mr Mojo is actually hiding under something :)

Happy WOYWW day everyone!

Love and Crafty Hugs,
Carole X

16 comments:

  1. I really love to craft with autumn themed things! It is my favorite time for crafting :) Love the things you bought :) Uniflame #66

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of crafty things from your holidays. Love the little pumpkin.
    Sandra @68

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm checking out the pumpkin...pretty cute makes me want to try and figure out how to do it...should I wait for pics? I've joined your blog...so many similarities Carole. Be well Carole #79

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, not joining in (again) but just wanted to say hello - love your new stash too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul of goodies, looking forward to the creations
    Hugs

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous goodies you've brought back...the shoes would have had to be ditched! You're right, after a week like that, you'll need another holiday!! Hugs. Pam#41

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great shopping vacation, which most of mine are anyway! lol I always leave extra space in my suitcase because I know it will be filled up on the way home, who needs that extra pair of shoes anyway? lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh when I see all our goodies I can't wait to visit a michaels store when I am in Canada, as that big sister of mine was saying today just 7 more sleeps. But 4 work days I am working right up until the Tuesday evening. I won't be taking lots of shoes in the bags, I will leave room for goodies to come home.
    I hope your MoJo gets back soon. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not surprised your mojo is a little reluctant...aren't you horribly full of jet lag - never mind all the plans and plots involving work that keep your mind busy! So glad you had a great trip,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't done WOYWW for ages but joining in this time!! You sure did some good shopping!!! Sarah xx #78

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some great finds during your travels. I like that you got to buy the scrapbook stuff for California. You probably could have bought it for other places that you hadn't visited as well! There are so many things out there. Welcome home and rest up so you can play with all your new goodies... er... right after you get all that other stuff done. Dang. Have you considered cloning yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carole

    Well it looks like you have plenty to go at there!!!

    Have to admit to not being a fan of Halloween .. .. other than the colours associated with it .. .. but your pumpkin does look super cute!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fabulous goodies! I think I should love to go there with an ety suitcase just to shop! My mojo always stays behind when I holiday and work always goes manic when I return, one of those unexplained natural phenomena! Don't work too hard, love barb x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carole,
    super goodies bought back form your hols. I look forward to seeing creations shortly with some of these.
    Try making a card you have already made and then Mr Mojo will come running back from the US. lol. He liked it out there so much he decided to stay when you came home. lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carole - I'm catching up as usual!! I am really pleased that you have had such a lovely time in America - I feel as if I have been as well because of your lovely descriptions of everything. Also glad you arrived home safely. I think you will definitely find that Mr Mojo is battling with the work things you have to do but don't worry he will be back shortly, I've no doubt.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy Carole..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete