Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 April 2012

Fairy Cupcake - Sunday 29th April

Good Morning,


Today a  change from the Sarah Kay stamped cards that I've been sharing these last few days (though there are more to come). I'm back to LOTV today with a sweet little fairy cupcake!


I stamped the image on coconut white card and coloured with a mixture of Promarkers and Flexmarkers:
Promarkers: Ivory, Blush (skin), Caramel (hair); Flexmarkers: Sorbet, Wild Orchid (clothing) and I then cut out the image using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Ovals, shading the edges with Spun Sugar distress ink.


I cut a card blank using Grand Labels 23 and then using a paper from stash, I cut three  more pieces from the same die. Apologies for  not photographing the inside of the card, but I adhered one piece to the front and the other two to the inside, where I also added the stamped sentiment, which came with the stamp set.  
I then cut flowers in purple wool felt, using Flower Creations and Spiral Blossom One and added buttons and embroidery thread to the smaller blossoms. To complete, I added three tiny heart buttons, a Greeting (I think, from Craftwork Cards), some pink ribbon, tiny star gems and some Cosmic Twinkles on the icing and wings.
Thanks for stopping by, 
Carole X

4 comments:

  1. Love this one! The image really makes you smile. I have some felt also, did you stitch the flowers together or glue them? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oksana, it really depends on how much time I have! Usually I do glue them though and I find that Cosmic Shimmer clear is the one I reach for..it dries quickly and clear, love it X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    This is so cute and I love the added glitter.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful carol love those flowers well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete