Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Mouse Celebration - Tuesday 3rd April

Good Morning,


Today's card is another Lill of the Valley stamp and could really be used for any celebration...


I wanted to give it a fresh Spring feel so I kept to light, pastel colours. I really like using yellows at this time of year!


The base card was covered with paper from a 12x12 scrapbook pad in my stash (a Dovecraft pad of pastel colours). Then using my Tim Holz ruler I made tiny stitching holes all around the edge and made faux stitches with a white jelly roll pen. I cut a strip of Coredinations polkadot paper, sanded it and added to the centre front of the card. I then punched 2 strips in white, using a Martha Stewart punch and added this top and bottom.


I die-cut a small die from Teardrop circles on to some of the polkadot card and added a greeting from stash to the front if it.


The image was stamped on coconut white card  and coloured with Promarkers. I do try and keep a list of which ones I use for projects, but last week I was so busy and well, you know how untidy our desks end up, that I just couldn't find the notes!


I die cut using Grand Scalloped Rectangles and lightly shaded around the edge with faded denim distress ink. Polkadot ribbon was added to the centre layer before placing the image at an angle and the final touch was a hint of cosmic sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by and have a good day,
Carole X

3 comments:

  1. Carole this is lovely yes an image for many occasions .Great card I love it hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Carole! The colours are so fresh. The yellow is lovely and that stamp could be used for any type of card! You should enter some challenges, your cards are beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! It is my aim to enter some challenges...as soon as I get caught up with the cards I have been asked to make and the ones for all the family/friends birthdays coming up! I'll get there some time soon :) XX

    ReplyDelete