Total Pageviews

Friday 20 April 2012

Mice Day! - Friday 20th April

Hi Friends!


I'm back! Sorry to have been 'away' all week, but it's been a busy one and whilst I've managed to dip into and try to comment on all of the blogs I follow, there has been no time to update my own.


Today's card is a simple one, I just made whilst setting aside a small amount of time to just play with design a few weeks ago...


I first of all stamped this cute little House Mouse on Coconut White card, which I just love for both stamping and die-cutting. It's available through Creative Expressions. After colouring the mouse with Promarkers, I die-cut using Labels 24 (Spellbinders) and shaded the edges with a mix of Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar distress ink. All the coloured papers I used were from a pad that was free with a magazine recently. I first of all stuck the pink paper to the front of a 6x6 card blank and then using Labels 24 again, cut into the front of the card. This left me with an aperture and a spare die-cut shape.


The die cut shape was used to mat and layer the original die-cut, after first shading with worn lipstick ink. 




I covered the inside of the card blank (the side facing the aperture) with yellow and pink paper from the same pack and mat and layered the other die-cuts on top to fit snugly within the aperture, adding a few gems and a little cosmic twinkles.


Finally I cut some bunting from the yellow paper and attached it to the front of the card with some ribbon and a few tiny brads. I stamped the sentiment on one of the smaller dies from labels 24 and shaded the edges.




Have a good Friday and thanks for stopping by!
Carole X









3 comments:

  1. Lovely card and I love the sentiment!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, Fab card I love this one great dies well done and the colour is lovely. Glad you have had a nice week fab photo's.
    I am just catching up viewing as I have been poorly, feeling much better now and will be posting soon.
    You have been making some fabulous cards since I have been away
    well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    this is so pretty and the colours are so fresh and springlike. I love bunting, so this went down really well with me. All the best Linda

    ReplyDelete