Total Pageviews

Monday 30 April 2012

Sarah Kay (3) - Monday 30th April

Good Morning Friends!


Well for once, I didn't mind that it was an awful day weather-wise yesterday, because in between a few family things (where we never even had to leave home), I got quite a bit of crafting done - including a commission, some more 'playing' in advance of our workshops, making a few personal cards and I even got to play with the brayer I got from Clarity Stamps at Ally Pally!

But today's card was made last week when I was trying out some designs with one stamp, a cute Sarah Kay image from Stampavie.



This time I die cut the card using Spellbinders Grand Labels 23 and also cut the green check paper to match. I then also cut a Spellbinders Heart Square using Coredinations card. I was mostly using up bits of scrap card from my 'bits' box on this one and I also found some lighter green stripey paper and a lighter green piece of Coredinations, which I  cut square and mat and layered for the front panel.

The girl was coloured with Promarkers in violet and pink tones for the clothing and green for the doll and then cut out and placed on the front of the card using 3d dots. To finish off I added some violet blossoms, gems and a few pieces of ribbon,which we actually at the bottom of my ribbon box and I felt had a vintage look to them. I stamped the tag, but didn't want to 'overdo' with another die-cut shape, so cut a simple tag shape, which I mat and layered the same as the front panel and tied with a piece of mauve and white vintage bakers twine.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good Monday, whether working or playing!

Carole X

By the way, thanks to Linda for pointing out I had the word verification on...I didn't know I had and I know that I also find it annoying when visiting blogs. It's turned off now and you should find it easier to leave messages X

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    Isn't this the cutest image. I kinda curl up when I see it as if I am cuddling my old dolly too (boy that was a long time ago). A lovely card indeed.
    Thank you for shutting off the word verification, I hope you didn't mind me mentioning it.
    Have a great week. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda, no I'm glad you did! Like I say, being pretty new to blogging, I didn't even realise it was on! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous carole, I love her and you have coloured her Beautifully Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete