Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 January 2013

Anniversary Card - Saturday 12th January

Good Morning Blog Friends,



Today's card is one that I made when trying to think of Valentine's ideas for our next workshop. We are  probably going to to give our group the choice of sentiment, so for this one I've used anniversary. This is a vintage style card using a Kanban rose stamp and Happy Anniversary Dreamweaver Stencil. I also used paper from a pad by Tilda and some some dusky pink  textured card.


I stamped the image in red and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I then distressed all around the edge with worn lipstick and turned up the corner after matting and layering  on the textured base card. 

For the stencil I scraped with Dreamweaver perlescent embossing paste and after removing the stencil, I sprinkled with red glitter and then left to dry before matting and layer on matching card to create the stopper.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate it!
Carole X


9 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Carole. I have a similar stamp which hasn't seen ink for years. Perhaps I should give it an outing? Have a good day - hope you don't get the snow; we have unfortunately. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    Great card, lovely colours, the image is pretty, love how you leave a corner curled up.
    Michelle(happy2craft)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Carole....a really pretty card and just love those gorgeous colours..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colours and design. Very pretty ribbon. Hope all is well, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, a real beauty of a card, love the softness of the colours, the little turned up corner and the gorgeous rose design - much nicer than some Valentine offerings and so perfect for your workshop. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! really pretty card Carole,gorgeous colours and paper too.
    Hope your New Year has started well?
    thanks so much for all of your lovely and very appreciated comments.
    Have a nice day,hugs Lou.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Carol,
    What a super card, love the stamped image.
    I am not a stamper so this really appeals to me, simple and no colouring in.
    Must have a go at that.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole,
    I love this card. The shape is gorgeous as is the paper, stamp, and stenciling. Such beautiful ribbon. Can't wait to see what your class will do with this idea.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job…
    uplay365 คาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete