Total Pageviews

Friday 18 January 2013

Vintage Guy card - Friday 18th January

Aaahah.....bet the title of this post had you guessing! However today's card is a guy card, yes, but he doesn't necessarily have to be of a certain age, that just refers to the wine!

Good morning friends and welcome again to my new followers, it's so good to have you along and I really do appreciate you visiting and leaving comments.  I do try and visit all my followers' blogs, but sometimes fitting in work and craft time isn't easy, so please forgive me if I don't get to you occasionally.

Today I am writing this blog at around 5.30am, rather than scheduling it for this time..the dreaded snow has finally arrived in our part of the Country and it's arrived with a vengeance for letting us off fairly lightly the last few years! I really do not like snow, as far as I'm concerned, it belongs on Christmas cards..I won't even put the sentiment "let it Snow' on cards. how mad is that!!!?

Poor Tom has just left for the half hour walk to our local little train station - that's the time it takes on a good day, today he has given himself an hour. He decided to leave the car at home - normally he would have an hours drive to work and it's just not worth the risk this weather; by the time he gets home our street could well be impossible to drive on, that usually happens! The train will take him to Bristol and then hopefully he will connect with a free bus his Employer lays on..fingers crossed! What angers me is that he could so easily work from home by just connecting his laptop to the network, which he does frequently, but they were all told yesterday that they were expected to get to the office. He wasn't complaining, that's just me!!!I'm the lucky one...no work today. 

I've realised that none of our hens have seen snow before, our 'past' girls have treated it in different ways, from wanting to leap about in it, to skirting the lawn altogether, so it will be interesting when I go and let them out this morning. I'll probably let them have a look whilst I clean their coop, but then put them back in the run where it will be nice and dry at least.

Anyway, back to crafting...

 Today I have a card and matching tag. I actually made the wine bottle 'topper' quite some time ago when I was just having a 'play' but hadn't made it into a card, although it has been in my 'to do' box. I used a Sam Poole design stamp (Vintage Label), by Creative Expressions. After stamping the wine bottle with a clear embossing ink (Versamark or Perfect Medium) I covered the card with a metallic bronze mica powder and wiped it all over  with a dry cloth (like one of those dry floor wipes or tumble drier sheets) creating a resist with the bottles and a mottled vintage background. I'd stamped several bottles so I cut one of them out to layer the centre bottle.




To make the card, I covered a 6x6 card blank with some shimmery bronze card I had in my paper stash and matted and layered the stamped image on dark green card, using both green and brown ribbon to trim. The sentiment is from a Creative Expressions stamp set, die cut on a Spellbinders Ribbons Tag Trio die.


I then decided to make a matching tag - I used a manilla label and inked it through with Vintage Photo distress ink, then covered with a piece of hessian.  The script is part of the Vintage Wine stamp set, so I tore it from the page, inked the edges with the distress ink and curled the corners. Then I cut out another wine bottle and placed it over the top.

Well friends,I am off to get some crafting done today, I hope you are all keeping warm and well, especially if you too have snow where you are!
Carole X

9 comments:

  1. Great card and tag Carole. Just the ticket for the men in our lives. Like you I don't like the snow, either. It looks beautiful looking through the window but ..... I'm glad I have now retired because I used to have some very hairy drives to work! Keep warm! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your card and tag Carole and it has that vintage look about it....perfect card for a man

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I love the CE stamp, it is brilliant for a man card. The card looks great with the three bottles and love that you raised the middle one - very effective and great colours too. DD1 has just phoned to say they have closed the local school (near London) even though there is no snow yet!! And your Tom has to brave the bad weather. Sometimes I think the world has gone mad... Look forward to hearing how the chickens get on in the snow! Stay warm and enjoy your crafting. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous, love the bottle image and that ribbon is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations carole, love the wine bottle!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole - love this manly card! These stamps are great and quite versatile. Brilliant tag to go with it as well.

    Ohh and it is snowing here and I must admit I love it - only because I am retired though. I used to hate it with a passion when I worked. I'm not surprised that you are not pleased about Tom having to go into work when he could work from home - why are employers so stuffy. My hubby has been in work today but the main roads were clear, he just had to negotiate our hilly avenue!

    Do let us know how the girls got on with the snow!

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your card and tag.really like the wine bottles.
    Blizzard conditions here, thankfully we are well stocked up with food.
    Stay warm, stay safe

    Patricia. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Carole .... you had an early start in blogland today!!

    Even I was still asleep at 5.30am!!

    Loving your wine theme and the vintage look you have achieved.

    We have had lots of snow today .. .. with the threat of more tonight/tomorrow!!

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get daily suggestions and guides for earning THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    SUBSCRIBE NOW

    ReplyDelete