Total Pageviews

Friday 4 January 2013

Emergency Crafters DT card - Friday 4th January

Good Morning Blog friends...thank you for dropping by my little craft patch!

Today I want to share some good non crafty news with you...I haven't mentioned it before, but almost 9 years ago, my husband Tom, coming home one day after playing football and thinking he had flu, was diagnosed with a prolapsed heart valve. It shook us to the core..neither of us have ever smoked or drunk much more than a few glasses of red wine a week and both lead healthy life styles. But his leaky heart valve had apparently been something he was born with (the consultant explained that many people have it and never know). To cut a long story short, this resulted in 2 months in hospital, feeling absolutely fine, but going stir crazy, waiting for surgery. They repaired it, which requred open heart surgery and fortunately he hasn't even needed to take medication and has been fine since. But a year ago, a consultant (not his usual) told us it was leaking again and he would probably need more surgery this year and that's been a big worry. Yesterday we saw his regular Consultant who put our minds at rest..yes there is a leak, but it will always be there and tests have shown that it hasn't changed since the surgery. He may need surgery in the future or he may not, it's just a case of keeping up with the annual tests and appointments.

Needless to say we emerged from the hospital with a swing in our step not the heavy steps we walked in with...Tom really wants us to go over to California later this year to visit my family and now we've been told to go and enjoy!

Now I've got that piece of good news off my chest, back to crafting...today's card is my DT card for Emergency Crafters and is an old card..yes, you heard right! The challenge format at EC has changed for the new year. It will now be monthly to give more time to enter and boy have we got some fab themes coming up, some of them quite different...so keep watching.

For this month however, the theme is something old..any card or project that you made over a year ago and never used. In 2011, I made lots of Tatty Button cards, you know how sometimes you go through phases and just keep using the same stamps? Well my big phase in 2011 was Tatty Button by Creative Expressions.



The images are all coloured with Promarkers and I made the background paper using a polkadot embossing folder. The flower is made from a Tatty 'worker' stamp.It's actually an umbrella, which I stamped several times before cutting out to make the petals. This wasn't my original idea, I actually saw Sue Wilson demo this on TV in the days when she did stamping shows before Spellbinders really came on the scene!

So if you have something you've made and never shown, now's your chance - just use this link to EC and you could win a prize...the challenge runs through January.

Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    So glad about your news about hubby. That was lovely news to start the new year off for you both.
    Your card is so cute. Love the colouring and image.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so please that you received good news about Tom's condition! It seems as we get older there is always something to concern us, so it is great to have good news for a change. And such a relief for you Carole. Love that little mouse on your card. Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Carol glad your Hubby got GOOD news, makes the world a much better place.
    Bet the two of you are on Top of the World and so you should be.
    Loving your card, the colours are so pretty.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia xx


    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, Great news for you both, so it will be a case of "California Here I Come" then. Your card is so lovely I wish I could pluck up more courage for trying stamping and colouring, there is a vast choice out there of images which are so lovely. Enjoy your day.

    Wilma x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, my heart sank when I started reading your post today but what a lovely ending! So pleased that all turned out well and that you can go on your trip - how wonderful. Love your card, it is ages since I used Tatty Buttons too and forgot how cute she is. I don't keep any of my old work, it has all gone to the charity shop and I did not photograph anything until I started my blog 10 months ago - I guess we live and learn! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, I'm so glad about the good news on Tim's condition. Such a cute card today, you have inspired me to get out my Swiss dots embossing folder and some ribbon to make a card for this challenge also!x (will update my blog later).

    ReplyDelete