Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 January 2013

Technique revisited - Sunday 20th January

Good morning Friends,

I hope the snow is starting to clear where you are..the only 'plus point' has been that usually on a Saturday we are out somewhere, whether it's local or meeting friends, but this week there really wasn't anywhere to go, so I got to craft whilst Tom quite happily kept the hens company clearing snow in the garden! Bliss - my perfect Saturday!

You may remember me telling you that I could not resist buying one of the new clock kits from Indigo Blu...well it arrived during the week! I  excitedly primed it with Gesso and paint straightaway, then yesterday I set about finishing it ...check out my post tomorrow for the full update and photos...all I can say is, wow was it fun!

Today's card is very similar to one I made for one of our classes last year...


It's made using a Wheatsheaf stamp from Woodware: I stamped the image three times on one piece A5 of linen card and once on a smaller piece of card, using versamark ink. I then inked it all over using Broken China distress ink to create a resist image. 

I covered an A5 card blank with blue card and matted and layered the stamped sheet on top, then I did the same with the smaller rectangle and the sentiment rectangle.The sentiment stamp is a Sam Poole stamp. I finished off with some bakers twine and ribbon.


The reason I am revisiting this card is because Amy and I are going to do a one of workshop for a local craft group this Tuesday and we chose this card from our regular workshops to take along for them to make.

Before I go, a few last snow hen photos...

It was actually Lacey, our Speckledy, who ventured out first, followed by Penny
...then Bella and Cara


They were very pleased when Tom cleared the snow from the lawn for them!

Thanks for stopping and looking, I really do appreciate it! Also thank you to those of you who hopped over to say 'Hi' to my friend Amy, who is now blogging...she's started posting her gorgeous creations now, check out her blog at http://craftylittleideas.blogspot.co.uk


 See you tomorrow with my clock!

Carole X


8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carole,
    A lovely card, love the colour, I wish I had your collection of stamps, lol. Cannot wait to see your clock.
    Tom looks like he had fun clearing the snow for the chickens, funny big snowman, hee hee.
    Have a great day today.
    Michelle(happy2craft - when I get a chance)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this resist technique Carole. This is a lovely card and the colour is great!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Carole...lovely card and just gorgeous colours together, love the stamps you have used...still got snow in Somerset the main roads seem to be clear but its the side ones that are still a bit icy...living in the countryside we dont get gritters!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    just popped over to Amy's blog, as I missed your post the other day.
    I love this card and the blue colouring. That stamp is fabulous too. I have always wanted broken china distress ink,
    but every time I go to buy it they are always out of stock. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. or it is the most popular one.
    The hens look very happy that Tom cleared the snow, but what do they make of the snowman.lol.
    Have a wonderful crafty warm day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole

    Our snow was starting to melt .. .. but it has just starting snowing again so I think we are going to get a "top up".

    Loving the card you have posted. Gorgeous technique and stamps.

    Looking forward to seeing your clock tomorrow!

    Happy Sunday!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, the Broken China blue looks amazing on your stunning card and I love the way you have put the ribbon on. A really striking and beautiful card. Love the pics of the chickens, Tom did a great job clearing the snow and the snow person looks a lot like a She Art girl....... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, trying to gather all the bits and pieces together ready to do this card for our workshop on Tuesday. I love your version & I really like that sentiment too.
    Thanks for mentioning me & my blog again, I'm so excited that I have followers already!!

    See you v soon
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good evening Carol,
    What a stunning card, love the colours, the whole thing is very impressive.
    I am sure your hens appreciate all the hard work clearing their lawn.
    Looking forward to your next creation.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete