Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Introducing Mr Pickles - Tuesday 15th July 2014

Good Morning Friends!

Today it's my Design Team post over at Sam Poole's Creative Studios. I really loved Sam's wild animal stamps that she brought out earlier this year...well now we have more and this time with a mostly Christmas theme. Do check out Sam's post for last Saturday to have a look at all the stamps in the collection.

I have only just started using them and I love them! This week though is just a bit of fun and a design that I had to get out of my mind before I could make any more!  I chose to work with Pickles, a really cute hedgehog and of course, hedgehogs aren't just for Christmas!

 I've really struggled to get my Christmas Mojo working so far this year...I always do...I wouldn't normally use these colours, but I wanted to follow through with the colours of the tree lights.  I  had remembered a House Mouse stamp I have, where the little meeces are entwined in tree lights and that inspired me with this card...so I just had to make it...and I think I got a little carried away...well it started out as a really CAS card of simply 'Pickles'. I look across the blogs and see some amazing CAS cards and I love them..can I make them? NO! I really struggle :)



Full details, plus the inside of the card, which I also decorated are over on Sam's blog and this is the link:


Please do pop over and have a look and leave a comment; you are all so wonderful to do so very week and you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I have lots of non Christmas ideas for this stamp and some of the other stamps in this collection, so keep looking !

Thank you so much,

Love and Hugs,
Carole X 

14 comments:

  1. Morning Carole,
    A very cute card, love the bright colours.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, just popped by Sam's blog & left you a comment there too. Such a cute character from her new stamp designs. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the others too.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carole just love the christmas lights on your hedgie....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Carole, Mr Pickles is one cutie here...awesome card and great colour combo...it is hard to make Christmas cards I am the same.....take care...
    ♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design of your card Carole and Prickles is a real cutie! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prickles! what a hoot : ) I love all the layers and interesting detail!! I say CAS is way overrated! IMHO : )

    Have a super day!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bright colours certainly reflect the colours in the Christmas lights. It's a bit hard to relate to Christmas with this glorious weather we are having isn't it? Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable card, love Mr. Pickles too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole a great card, love Mr Pickles. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Mr Pickles Carole, I am looking forward to seeing the non-Christmas versions. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that brilliant image making a super card

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carole this is so cute and festive. Love the layers and the ribbon. Thanks so much for displaying my 900 Follower candy badge here xxx
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carole

    A great card and post .. .. I could just imagine a hedgehog twinkling with Christmas lights!!

    I have got myself into quite a nice routine with my Christmas makes this year .. .. mainly because I didn't want the rush and panic I had last year!! Just got to get all those inserts in now (my least favourite part) LOL!!!

    Hope your week is going well.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A brilliant card, such a fun design! The hedgehog is so cute and I love the fairy lights. The touch of blue is a lovely addition to the colour scheme!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete