I want to get quite a few 'snippets' in this post today, so please forgive for skimping on the card construction details! First of all, welcome to my new follower, it's great to have you along! To those of you who joined me this week, I haven't forgotten and will check out your blogs, I just need to get tomorrow's Craft Fair over with!
Last night was our regular 'Out of the Blue' craft group evening and this is the card I designed for my group of ladies to make..
Amy and I use the same general idea - stamps and dies, but each make a card for our group: the theme this week was Spring/Easter and I deliberately left it sentiment 'free' so that it can be used for various occasions - I will be blogging with this stamp/die set again because I made a few demo samples but I won't bombard you with them all at once!
The stamp used is 'Garden Bunnies' by Wild Rose Studio and the main idea behind the workshop was colouring with Promarkers...and everyone did brilliantly. Last night we had some new ladies and they had never used these pens before, but were thrilled with how soon you can get excellent results with them after a brief tutorial!
Now for some other news...
Hat's off to Creative Expressions...
Do you remember my problem a few weeks ago with the new Creative Expressions glue top, where it shot off across my desk, ruining a card? After I blogged that, quite a few of you said they had a similar problem. I decided to send them a quick email, just to say I had the problem and didn't seem to be the only one...well almost straightaway I got a lovely email back from them... it looks like more people had been in touch because they explained that the bottle is being changed back to the original...and they sent me 2 bottles and their latest book! So thank you CE, excellent Customer Service!
I also want to say a big thank you to Christine Emberson, who is the UK member of the Spellbinders Design Team and a big inspiration to my paper craft. Some of you will remember that after Christmas my faithful old Grand Calibur started chugging along and rattling inside. I contacted Spellbinders in the US and they were brilliant - repair is free, but as it was out of warranty, I would pay postage to get it to the UK repair man. I explained my GC symptoms to him, but he said I'd have to send it to him and he couldn't guarantee repair, so I was in a quandary as it's quite a heavy item to pack and post safely. In the end I decided to have a new one for my birthday later this month (although I already have it and use it!). However, I didn't want to give up on my original, so I asked Christine's opinion. As it was one of the original GC's there was a 'design fault' which can cause the screws behind the handle to work loose and Christine said this is what might have happened - and told me how to take it apart. Some of you will have seen my photo last week of the 'exposed' GC! Well I'm happy to report that it is all back in one piece now and was used at last night's workshop...whooopeee! So a big thanks to Christine for her help.
Sorry this post has been so long...I am off now to get everything packed up for tomorrow's craft fair...happy Friday all!