Total Pageviews

Monday 11 March 2013

Classic Wheels! Monday 11th March

Good Morning Friends...and welcome to my new follower! Thank you for joining me..I have been saying for the past week that I will visit the blogs of my new followers (if you have them) and I haven't forgotten, it's just time at the moment, or lack of it..but I will make some in the next few days!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, especially those of you who are Mums! I didn't blog yesterday, since losing my Mum almost 6 years ago and despite having a wonderful Mum-in-Law, I do find Mothering Sunday 'difficult' now.

Anyway, on to crafting...the Craft Fair on Saturday was brilliant and I really did very well with sales, which was so pleasing. Quite a few people bought 3 or 4 cards at a time, one lady even bought a Get Well card just in case someone got ill because she liked it so much! I was really flattered by all the comments I was getting and met and chatted to some lovely people. 

I think my favourite card I have made in a while is the poppy card blogged for Remembrance Day : I actually (secretly) didn't want to part with it and told myself that if it didn't sell, I would frame it - well within minutes of the Fair opening its doors a lady bought it! Although I am always being told that I don't charge enough,  there was an exceptional amount of work in this card, so I did price it to reflect that..oh well will have to make another!

It was also really good to have so many ladies from our craft group call in to say hello and the hall is practically  next door to my friend Amy's shop so we were able to pop around and see each other too!

I only do a few Fairs a year..I used to be a member of a County Craft Guild and do them every month, but once they closed, which coincided with us caring for my Mum, I didn't do any - until a friend who is a wonderful woodturner and a local Hospice fundraiser decided to organise these fairs, which I always enjoy. Three of us always have tables together: a lady who makes lovely knits (yes I have one of her lovely bright, dressy scarves) and another lady who makes jewellery (some of her earrings have been known to come my way!), we always have nice chats and a laugh..and Tom comes along to help me too.

I was glad I made so many guy cards because they sold out and today's card is one of them...

 To make this card I took some craft foil (silver) and ran it through the GC with the KIckin' Rubber M-Bossability folder. Then I rubbed it all over with Rub n' Buff to give it a look (and feel!) of rubber. I was really pleased with the result.

The car is from a Pilkington set by Stamps Away, which I stamped with Vintage Photo and embossed with clear powder, then I die cut and inked all over with Vintage photo.

Thanks for stopping by, sorry I went on a bit today!
Happy Monday all!
Carole X

10 comments:

  1. This is an amazing wonderful card. Just love it I wonder how you have done the background???
    XOXO SanDee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, it's a Spellbinders M-Bossability Folder called Kickin' Rubber, it has this design and footprints.I ran it through my Grand Calibur using Spellbinders Craft Foil in Silver and then rubbed it all over with a product called rub n'buff, when covered I used a dusting cloth to bring up the shine. The final result makes the card feel quite thick and even a bit rubbery X

      Delete
  2. Like this very much, super card. Great vintage effect. You have reminded me I have this embossing folder but haven't used it. I enjoyed your post and very pleased to hear you did so well, lovely to have good news shared. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mans card Carole love the metallic look background and your lovely vintage car image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card CArole. Love that embossing folder and what you have done with it. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, so pleased that you did well but I am not at all surprised as your cards are so beautiful and this one is no exception. Love that embossing folder (not seen that one) and it is so perfect behind the lovely vintage car image. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Carole, fab card, glad your fair went well.
    carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Carol,
    Great Card but WOW!!that embossing folder is fantastic. Must have a look for that.
    So pleased you did well, not surprised as your creations a wonderful.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole

    I am so pleased that the fair went well for you and that you made lots of sales.

    It makes it all worthwhile doesn't it.

    I love to watch people looking at my cards and see which ones they pick up.

    Hope you are having a good week and recovering a little.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole, well done at the craft fair, knew that you would do very well. Lovely card today, fantastic background!x

    ReplyDelete