Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 March 2012

Art Deco - 22nd March

Hi Friends,


Sorry I've disappeared for a few days...due to my Birthday on Monday as well as not being able to craft..well not cards I can readily put up here yet! Next week I am looking forward to using up some holiday, home alone just catching up with commissions and having a 'play'.


I did spend an hour 'playing' today...trying to get to grips with Indigo Blu's Flitterglu! The first attempt worked really well and then I messed up the card and am still working out a way to rescue it...after that I just kept messing up! Must keep practicing because I love the effects.


Today's card is one I made for a commission some weeks ago. I wasn't going to upload it at first because I messed up the photo, but then changed my mind!


I started with an 8x8 card and matted and layered this first with gold and then black card. The black card was embossed with an M-Bossability and then sprayed with Spray and Sparkle.


The images are from My Craft Studio software (I used and adapted the Art Deco Christmas!). I printed the greeting and die cut it on one of the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three dies and then decorated this with Nestabling in black. The mini topper is framed with a Beaded Squares die.


I finished with vintage ribbon in a 'toffee' colour, which co-ordinated nicely and topped this with a die cut from Spellbinders Anemone, which also seems to fit in with the Art Deco period.


Hope you like it, I may not be back before the weekend unless I get some time to craft!


Carole X

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Carole! Hope you had a great birthday! I have the flitterglu, it is a great product that gives lovely effects, one of my ongoing projects!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Oksana! Yes same here with the Flitterglu...I will master it! :) x

    ReplyDelete