Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Friendship - 7th March

Morning!


First of all thank you to those of you who have left comments, I really like reading them. I've been writing this blog for over 6 months now and I really get a lot of satisfaction from not only uploading my designs to share, but also looking at other crafters blogs and leaving messages. The world of crafting is such a friendly place isn't it?


Today's card was actually made as a commission for a wedding, but I photographed it before adding the front sentiment. For the actual card the sentiment was printed with the name of the couple and cut with the matching Spellbinders die, but for the photo I used a sentiment from my box of pre-made sentiment toppers and in doing so, converted it from a wedding card to a friendship card..but I think it actually works for either!


I first of all layered an 8x8 card with white card embossed with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities (Mystic). These are great embossing folders, the best I've used I think; they leave a really crisp design.


Next I cut a rectangle from plain white card and matted and layered this with a rectangle cut from card printed from Polkadoodles Wonderland CD. Polkadoodles never fails to come up with amazing backing papers on their CDs and Wonderland is one of my favourites. This paper gives the impression of being embossed. I also cut the leaves from Spellbinders Assorted Leaves with the same card.


The die-cut in the centre of the card is  from Spellbinders Antique Frame and Accents and is beautiful, but this time was my first use of Creative Expressions Clear Micro Beads...these really are magic! You use them with double sided sticky paper.


First of all you stick one side to your piece of card and die-cut/emboss it as usual.  After putting some of the tiny beads into an open container (I used a plastic box lid)You then  peel off the other sticky side from the die-cut and put in on top of the beads, pressing it down gently to  cover the whole piece. It leaves a beautiful glittery coating, without being too dazzling and is quite lovely. As you don't really use many beads, even on a intricate die such as this, the 300g pot should last a long time!


I laid ribbon behind the rectangles and finished the card with a flower from Spellbinders Anemone set, ribbon and little faux pearls. This card did take a while to make, but I really enjoyed putting it together!


Thanks for stopping by,
Carole  X

2 comments:

  1. Wow Carole this is stunning I love the die it is so filigree and can be used in so many ways. Love the muted shades of blue, lovely work.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elaine, yes really pleased with this die! X

    ReplyDelete