Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 March 2012

Off to Hogwarts! Saturday 24th March

Good afternoon friends,


I hope the weather is as beautiful with you as it is here today! We did our weekly shop in Tetbury, strolled to one of our favourite little coffee shops (Hortensia), bought some plants in the market and have just got home via the bird farm to pick up some food for our hens (Buffy seems much improved by the way!).


So before I finish tidying the craft room and get out in the garden, here is a quick card to share with you today. I had been looking for ideas for a Harry Potter style card for a young fan's birthday for a while, when I cam upon these digital stamps available from http://www.tiddlyinks.com/


They are a Wizard and a Wizardette and what is great is that the boy Wizard comes with and without specs! I really liked the images and because they also come in png format, they can be easily manipulated.


I forgot to write down the colours of Promarkers I used as I was really just playing for the first time...I do intend to create a more 'magical' card, hopefully sometime next week and I will add the full details.


Having printed the images and coloured with Promarkers, I roughly tore the paper around the edges and very slightly inked with black soot distress ink. I matted and layered a square card with black-silver-black card and topped with the images. The flourishes and book of spells are cut using the Cricut, Storybook and Paper Doll Dress up respectively and the greeting is printed and cut using Spellbinders Labels Four Small. This greeting isn't the one being used on the final card. I also added a potion bottle from Tim Holz's miniature bottle collection and filled it with red glitter, although thanks to my bad photo it's hidden behind the label!


Back soon and have a great weekend!
Carole X

2 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Carole this is Fantastic what a find those images. Great card they will love it Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Carole, so on trend! Beautiful colouring also. Oksana X

    ReplyDelete