Total Pageviews

Saturday 10 March 2012

Little Gift Bag - 10th March

Morning!


The weekend is here and whilst the sun isn't shining, Spring definitely seems to be in the air! No card today, I am a little behind with my card making, simply because I have been working hard on commissions and I don't upload any of those creations until I have handed them over to the customer.


So today I am going to share a gift bag I made last year for our friends' daughter's 21st birthday. I did upload the photo when I first started this blog, but back then I wasn't really saying very much about my creations, so please forgive me from time to time for sharing some projects more than once, if I feel the need!


I remember at the time of making, being very pleased with this bag; I used to try out so many different crafts from sewing projects to jewellery and knitting (I'm still only half-way through a chunky jumper I started last summer; good job it was a mild winter!), but papercrafts, in particular cards always win the day and leave little time for any other craft. It was my new year pledge to complete some non paper craft projects this year...I'll be posting here if I succeed!


Meanwhile, back to paper crafts and the gift bag...


To make the bag I used a template and some gorgeous A3 silk card (about 300gsm I think), that I bought from Creata about 2 years ago and had never used. It's quite a simple bag to make and if I get a chance (!) some time I will make another and photograph each step.


Everything used to make this bag was from my stash cupboard or box, so please bear with me for being vague...I didn't use one Spellbinder die for this project and there is a good reason: I made it last April and I got my Grand Calibur for my birthday last March, so I had hardly any dies and hadn't really picked up on the Spellbinder 'addiction' as yet! What I did use for almost everything else was my little Cricut. The labels  were cut free hand, just by tracing around one I already had, but the '21' was cut with the Cricut and then I sprayed the darker card and the numbers with Stick and Spray.


I  also cut the flower using the Cricut, a flower shape from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge (also used for the 21), cut on a lightweight cream paper in several sizes and held together with a sparkly brad and scrunched up to give it a kind of peony look. The leaf/flourish was cut using The Storybook Cartridge and the Scalloped Circle was just a large punch!


Two holes were punched each side at the top of the box and strengthened with copper coloured brads. However on the front of the bag, I also added some quite ornate Morrocan style beads from my bead jar and a key that was in my box of 'little metal things'. I always make sure I have some keys  there, as they come in handy for quite a few types of card and project.


I finished it off with co-ordinating ribbons. The recipient loved it and I like to think she kept it, at least for a while, but of course I'm not going to ask!


Have a good Saturday...tomorrow may be a card or one of my sewn items....


All the best and thanks for stopping by and to those of you who follow me and leave comments, a big thank you! I would also like to say thank you to Oskana for the absolutely gorgeous ATC I won on her blog, which arrived yesterday and is now on display in my craft room X


Carole X

No comments:

Post a Comment