Total Pageviews

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Art House Bag - Tuesday 16th April

Good Morning Friends,


Today's post is another bag, which I made last week just before we went away. I've got to say that I'm finding these bags a lot of fun to decorate and they really don't take too long.

  I used TAP paper (Artist's Transfer) to stamp the images on to using black stazon ink. The stamps are Art Houses by Sam Poole and flowers and butterflies  from Steampunk Dreams, also by Sam Poole. I wanted to create and 'arty' effect with some feminine steampunk, so it's all pinks and purples!

Once I'd stamped the images, I coloured them with distress inks and then using the TAP ironed them on to the back with a hot iron. I made extra butterflies and flowers to I could layer some of the to create movement. 

Once all the images had been transferred I used a harlequin stamp from Crafty Individuals and a script stamp by Creative Expressions (from Vintage Labels set) to stamp all over. I masked off the images that had already been transferred to the bag, by using the 'ghost' images left on the TAP.

I transferred the additional butterflies and flowers to some spare material, cut them out and sewed them to the bag and to finish off I added some buttons, beads, lace, a little key and ribbon..and although it doesn't show much here I used some Cosmic Twinkles to the butterflies for a hint of sparkle. If you would like to see the tutorial I posted for a little Easter gift bag using the same technique , click here or my previous bag is here

Thanks for visiting and for all your comments, which are very much appreciated!

Love,
Carole X

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carol,
    What a stunner, now that`s a bag I would use.
    The Butterflies are beautiful, the addition of the buttons for extra texture is brilliant. I just LOVE it

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag Carole. I love all your stamping and the 3D effects too. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, the TAP images have come out beautifully and I love how you did the stamping too, it really adds something special to the bag. I love this! I have some TAP now, just need to decide what to do with it but will refer back to your tutorial when I do. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag you are so clever .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bag! Pink and butterflies... what more could one ask for! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow!!!

    This is fantastic Carole.

    I love it very, very much . .. especially the gorgeous little houses along the lower edge. Fabby colours too.

    I think they would go down very well at your next craft fayre.

    Love Jules xx

    p.s. Sorry Carole had to delete my last comment .. .. I missed my "s" out of especially!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow carole this is just gorgeous..... I just love it!:) so girly x STUNNING creation x
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete