Total Pageviews

Monday 22 April 2013

Spring Fashion - Monday 22nd April

Good afternoon Friends,

I created this mannequin as my entry for this month's Crafty Individuals Blog Challenge and have been trying to finish it for about two weeks! Thankfully some craft time last Sunday gave me the chance to do so!

The  chipboard model was bought at Ally Pally - last September - and I  gesso'd it ages ago in preparation for finding the chance to create something with it. When I saw this month's challenge title, I just new this had to be my entry!


First of all,  I stamped parts of the  Crafty Individuals Floral background stamp (CI-149)  randomly all over the dress form  using flitterglu and then applied gilding flakes. Then using different coloured inks I stamped the same stamp several times on to to plain white tissue.  Using just one ply and 'slap it on' I covered the dress form and base (which is an old ribbon reel). I also used  the butterfly stamp (CI-061), which I cut out and placed over the finished form. I decorated it with a flower made using Spellbinders Spiral Blossom One, dipped in UTEE in my melt pot and a huge flower made with the Spellbinders Anemone die.


To finish I added ribbons, lace, pearls and a little key.

Thanks for stopping by!

Love,
Carole X

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, all your efforts were worth it because she is truly beautiful, very feminine and wonderfully decorated. I so hope you win the challenge! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how fantastic Carole. I like the addition of the string of pearls - as well as everything else, obviously! Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Carole and wow! Love the colours and everything about this!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Carole you have done an amazing job...just love everything about it

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Carole, how clever and beautiful is this? I love the colours and the stamps and the pearls and the flower, just about everything on it! Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, wow! this is fab! lovely colours & I love all the extras you've added too

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! My! Word! Carol this is spectacular, so wonderful with all the great colours.
    I LOVE it, all the extras you have added just makes it.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutly stunning Carole love every thing about it .melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole,
    what a super creation. Beautiful colours used, and the flowers are wonderful. So sophisticated with those lovely pearls.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh just stunning creation, love this and the additional goodies..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb mannequin Carole - beautiful springtime colours, and fabulous flowers. Thank you for joining in the CI Challenge for April. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous, Carole! Love every details!
    Thanks for playing with us at CraftyIndividuals!

    ReplyDelete