Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Tim's 12 Tags of 2013, April - Tuesday 23rd April

Good Evening Friends,

Wow what a lot of lovely comments yesterday, thank you all so much! I'm glad you liked the dress form - it was actually the first one I have made, it's just one of those pieces of altered art I had never attempted, but I was very pleased with the end result.

 There was a time this month when I thought I might not get my 'Tim's Tag' made for April! However, it was another of those projects I managed to finish Sunday.

First of all this is Tim's Tag.... I followed his tutorial as much as I could with the materials I had available. Full deets are here

To begin with I put a small selection of distress paints to my mat...I only have a small selection at the moment, spritzed water on them and smeared the tag through them mixing the colours. Next  I heat dried the paint and dabbed any excess with a cloth. Then I used an assortment of distress inks to ink all over the tag, flicked some water on them, let the wet inks run down and heat dried. My big problem was that I didn't have the broken china paint that Tim used - no blue at all,or anything else very colourful, so I had to use browns and greens mixed with inks (sssh!). I also had to use metallic distress stain, where he used paint. Mine isn't as distressed and smeary as Tim's because I was using a mixture of paints and inks and to be honest, I held back a bit too much - more time and I may have started over.

 I distressed the edges of the tag all round and inked with Vintage Photo. I didn't have the dragonfly stamp that Tim used and I was going to use one from another set, but then thought I'd be different and decided to use this Tim Holz 'Papillon' stamp, which I once again, thank Anne for sending to me. I stamped it with Black Archival. The postmark and tape measure are both stamps by Crafty Individuals.

In his tutorial Tim says to take a selection of metal embellishments, so I used the clock, clock hands and some brads. As instructed I 'painted' these with distress paint and heat dried.

Tim's tag uses 'Clearly for Art' for the transparent layer of the dragonfly, I didn't have any of that medium (note to get some), so I stamped my butterfly on to acetate and fixed it with a teeny brad.

For the number '4' Tim used a plastic 'alpha part'  - mine is from my box of chipboard letters and numbers that I have had for years. I coated it with blue acrylic and metallic distress stain, which I blended together.

This month's Tag was hard, but this was my 'take' on it!

Thanks for stopping by,
Carole X


  1. Fabulous tag Carole great colours and love your embellishments


  2. Gosh what a gorgeous tag Carole. A great take on the original. Christine x

  3. Great tag Carole must try doing tags .Melanie

  4. For some reason I found this month's tag hard too but you have made a wonderful job of your Carole. I love the way your gorgeous colours have blended together and I think the butterflies look equally nice. Great embellies too. Hugs, Anne x