Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 April 2013

Sunday Stampers week 252 - Thursday 11th April

Hello Friends,

I've scheduled this post as today we are on the train to London for a few days...lots of 'culture' lined up...a play, 'weather permitting' Kew Gardens and then the Lichtenstein exhibition at the Tate...of course my highlight will be the craft event at Ally Pally on Saturday..I do love this show, it never disappoints.

My Sunday Stampers card this week has also turned out to be my design for next week's craft class, where we are going to be playing with gilding flakes and this Indigo Blu stamp.

This week Hels set the theme of squares and having made this, I was going to remake it as a canvas, but sadly time passed me by and I only got it half made! The card isn't entirely my design, I was totally inspired by a design team card I spotted in the Indigo Blu Gallery, I think it was the colours that jumped out at me first of all. The basic shapes are the same but I did change the flowers and flourish. I've been working against the clock this week and at the same time needed a mojo boost with this card! It's usual for me that when I am short of time and have a deadline, I will have my best ideas, but this week it just wasn't happening!

I used distress inks (mustard seed, wild honey and vintage photo) to colour white card and used a small part of the stamp to ink around the outside of the larger layer with Vintage Photo. I inked the smaller square, leaving it lighter in the centre and then stamped the heart using Indigo Blu Flitterglu and then used megaflakes to decorate. I confess that for this card the flakes are my own concoction from 'waste'!

I think that when I finalise this card for my group I will actually use flakes for the outer stamp as well.

Then I matted an layered with a blue card, which is also used for the flourish and I decorated with Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms.


Thanks for stopping by! I will catch up with you all on our return on Sunday X
Carole X

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, sorry I haven't been around for a while but have been through a very traumatic time now looking forward to getting back following your blog. What a fantastic job you have done with your card it's stunning your ladies are going to love making this. I haven't tried mica flakes yet but must have a go. Have a great weekend, love Christine H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love it... have a wonderful time in Londinium... shame I will miss you this time, I am at Ally Pally on Sunday... typical! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Carole! Hope you are enjoying your days away. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Carolhope you have a fab time in London ,love your card you did for cristine .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love the bright colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these colours Carole - such a gorgeous creation.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole,
    super colour card. So bright and cheerful. Love the flowers and the desin.
    have a wonderful weekend in London.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Carole! Having a blog catch up, some Wonderul creations!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carole

    How wonderful .. .. I love this very, very much.

    What a fabulous heart stamp and gorgeous colour combo.

    You have been posting lots of fabby makes whilst I have been being a bad blog buddy.

    Hope you managed to do everything you wanted to do in London .. .. and that Ally Pally had some lovely treats for you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete