Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Autumn Welcome - Tuesday 25th September


Good morning blog friends!

I'm glad you liked the Ally Pally photos yesterday, thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.

Today's post is Anna autumnal offering which is currently hanging on our front door and will do so until Christmas, with maybe a slight alteration over Halloween. For my newer followers, a little recap of previous door wreaths from this year....



St Valentines
Spring/Summer


I've had door wreaths for many years, having admired them on doors of the homes of US family and friends. I think the autumn colours are my favourites, rich browns, yellows and oranges, so I really enjoyed putting this one together a few weeks ago.


I stared with a plain grapevine wreath - we have a massive grapevine in our garden and this year I had visions of drying my own, but the weather has been so poor over the summer that the grapes haven't even turned red! The hens have also taken a liking to th leaves and stripped a lot of the lower branches. But if the weather changes again at the weekend and I get the chance I will try and harvest some for a wreath next year. Anyway, this one was purchased quite cheaply from Calico Crafts, along with the gorgeous orange foliage garland. I wound the garland around the wreath and then added some felt leaves which I had cut using Spellbinders dies. At the bottom I also added leaves cut from craft foil.





To finish off, I added a big  checked bow using ribbon from a great big reel of parcel ribbon I bought at Costco and two little pumpkin buttons from my button box!

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by!



Carole X


8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carole,
    I just love these wreaths, I only hang one at Christmas but you now have me thinking..... However NO! WAY! could I have one out today it would be blown to the other side of Scotland with the gales we are having.
    Off to rummage in my outside Store I am sure I have a base of a wreath out there.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole,
    fab idea. I do so love all the American ideas that they use to adorn their property. I also love their indoor decorative ideas. I am a great fan of their houses and style.
    I think you have given me food for thought. Must have a go at this one.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, I have American friends who always use decorative wreaths. I only use them at Christmas too but it is a lovely idea and your autumnal one is great. Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole, the wreath on your door is gorgeous (love the colour of your door too!). I tend to use them at Christmas only but you have me thinking now - it would be a great idea to have one out for Hallowe'en. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is lovely Carole - I've said somewhere before that Autumn is my favourite time of year because of the colours. This is a definite favourite - those leaves are amazing.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carole, like others the autumn one is my favourite and a lovely idea. I too only put one up at Christmas but an Easter one would be so pretty with the spring flowers, food for thought I think. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, all the wreaths have been lovely, and so is te latest one. It's a really lovely welcome for your guests.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carole,
    what beautiful creations and such a lovely welcome at your front door. You are an inspiration to us to get our crafting out of just the craftroom and adorn the house.
    Thanks Linda x

    ReplyDelete