Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 September 2012

Dreamweavers Christmas Tree - Thursday 20th September


Good Morning Blog friends,

Today's post is scheduled as we are off to London today for the last few days of our holiday; our hens are having a holiday of their own back at the farm where they came from, so all is well! We are going to the Ally Pally Stamping and Scrapbooking Show on Saturday, so hopefully I'll have lots to 'report' next week.

As we've been on holiday the past week or so, I don't have any other projects or cards to post, so I'll be missing from here until next week, but I'll be visiting you all when I can.




This is one of the cards we made during the Woodware workshops last week. To create this design we used the Dreamweaver Christmas Tree Stencil with Dreamweaver Pearlescent Embossing Paste and metallic powders.

The stencil is attached to the black card with removable tape and then a palette knife is used to smooth the paste over the stencil openings. Once you've done this, you need to carefully remove the stencil before sprinkling the  powders over the paste. There are different methods that can be used to create cards with these materials, the one we used was 'molten magic' where the paste- embossed image, covered with the mica powder (excess shaken off) is heated with a heat tool, which forms large bubbles as it is heated.



I think this was my favourite technique of the day and I am anxious to try it at home. I finished the card off at home, but felt the finished image needed a simple background. The photo doesn't really do the finished tree justice, especially as it is also a very 'tactile' image as well as bright and cheery.

Thanks for stopping by here, I will be back next week...we have another workshop and our next card will be from another technique we used at the Woodware Workshop, so I will be sharing that with you,

Happy Crafting everyone!

Carole X

6 comments:

  1. I bet that pearlescent effect looks gorgeous in real life Carole. You are right - it doesn't need anything else to overpower the lovely tree. Enjoytthe rest of your holiday and the break from work. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas tree and very effective. I have shied away from pastes, mica powders and shimmer sprays as I do not feel confident enough to have a go but maybe one day, trouble is by the time I get round to it there will be something else on the market lol! Have a great time in London and have a fantastic time at AP. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole,
    Your Christmas Tree card is truely amazing. Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    what a fab Christmas Tree. I really like this idea. Must think about getting some of this. Well you were right about tags getting addictive. Tomorrow I will be showing my 2nd tag. I am really hooked now. lol.
    Enjoy your weekend away at the big L and Ally pally. You could have taken me in your pocket or suitcase I wouldn't have taken up much room. You would just have to have left your change of clothes out.lol. No seriously have a wonderful time.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Christmas tree is amazing Carole - love the colours you have used. I did this technique at a workshop some while ago and was really pleased with it. we also did the same sort of this with a paste that crackled when it dried - this one had mica powders on it. The crackle looks really good and distressed.

    Great technique.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Carole, the paste makes the card look really colourful and shimmery.x

    ReplyDelete