Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 September 2012

Wheat Field - Thursday 27th September

Morning Blog Friends,

Tonight is our latest workshop, only two weeks since the last one and I've been on holiday, so preparation time was limited. I was also panicking because yesterday, my day off, I was supposed to be going to a work meeting, which was only going to leave me  a few hours to get my head around probably the most 'complex' card we have made so far...complex more in the way of a lot being involved, that more difficult.

However, at the last moment on Tuesday I heard that I wouldn't be going, I can't tell you how relieved I was, having to do work things on a day I devote to crafting and my commissions, especially straight after a holiday, is not good!

This is  my demo card for the card we will be making tonight and is based on a card we made (though never finished) and the Woodware workshops a few weeks ago, using a Woodware stamp (Wheat). Don't look too closely, because I hate measuring, much prefering 'by eye', but this card really needs measuring and I had such a short time to make it, so the panels may be a bit wonky!



Now  to explain how it's made!

Materials:

Card blank
Blue card
linen finish card
Stamp
embossing ink and clear embossing powder
chalk inks
kitchen towel or paper dusting cloth, heat tool and iron
mdf square
ribbon, bakers twine, gems

First of all (and I'm sorry it doesn't show in photo well), I took an A4 sheet of the linen card and stamped the barley image three times across the top half (overlapping) and twice along the bottom edge and then I also stamped the sentiment - all with embossing ink.

Next I covered all the inked images with clear embossing powder and set with a heat tool. Next I rubbed blue inks over the whole area in circular motions. When I was happy that I had covered everything, I rubbed hard across the card and the embossed images with a paper dusting cloth, this gets rid of the excess and raises the image revealing the resist. Finally, I iron the card between two sheets of copy paper to set. 

The remainder of the card is simply cutting to size and matting and layering, it's a nice textured card and nice and messy to make, which suits me, though my style is more grungey and steampunky really, I am sure the class is going to love making it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Carole X



5 comments:

  1. I am sure the class will love it too, love the embossing and the colours you have used are beautiful - oh, it doesn't look the slightest bit wonky to me! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carole, love everything about this card, beautiful colours great techniques and love the wheat image. Looks perfect to me :). Your ladies are going to love this! Have a great workshop and enjoy your Thursday, love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blue card Carole! Good luck with the workshop tonight!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    wonderful card.Love the concept and the colours. I had forgot about this technic, not heard of the copier paper part though so I have learnt something new today.
    I hope all goes well at your classes tonight.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole, this is fabulous! Hope you have a great time in your class tonight - your students will for sure! Christine x

    ReplyDelete