Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Be Afraid! - Sunday Stampers 224 - Weds 26th Sept

Good afternoon blog friends!

Thank you for your comments on my door wreath yesterday, I do appreciate them all. Wreaths are certainly a cheery welcome to callers and a good conversation point, I always get a lot of comments..never have been able to start a trend though, it's only at Christmas that everyone else seems to join in!

I'm later posting today, after two weeks off with little crafting time, it was my first chance for a whole day of crafting (housework? What housework?) and to prepare for our next workshop tomorrow. This time it's been a real rush for me, as it's only been two weeks since our last one. Do check back tomorrow for a glimpse of the style of card we will be making.

Today however it's Sunday Stampers time again...it was really lovely to say hello to Hels Sheridan on Saturday and see all her lovely makes, and they really were fabulous. The challenge this week is all about using masks or stencils and here is my contribution ...and my first Halloween card for this year! I love the colours of autumn and Halloween cards...so be prepared for more to come!

This is a 6x6 card blank: I cut some card  for the front as I knew that direct to card I'd mess up, plus it gives it weight . I used a lattice 'That Special Touch of' mask and sprayed through it with Tarnished Gold and Marigold Cosmic Shimmer sprays, then dried it off with a heat tool.

I then removed the Mask and built up inking all over the card using Wild Honey, Vintage Photo and Rusty Hinge distress inks, which I also dried off with my heat tool.  Next, I stamped the haunted house and spider webs direct on to the card and the cat, owls and sentiment on a separate piece of card. Now I will 'confess' - the sentiment is covering a mistake! I originally intended to stamp the words direct on to the card, which I did, but upside down!!! So I had some scrap pieces from the front and stamped on that, to make a scroll and cover it up :)

The stamped house was covered with Promarkers, Pumpkin(how apt), apricot and orange for the roof and Lime Twist, Meadow Green and Buttercup for the rest. I then cut it out and layered it over the original stamped image.

The stamps are all from Chocolate Baroque
 I decided to follow through on both the inside and back as I was having so much fun....


Thanks for stopping by, I really do appreciate it...crafty hugs to you X
Carole X

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carole,
    super Halloween card. Love all tweaks inside and the back. The scroll looks wonderful. It's funny how you can rectify mistakes on a card and it comes out better for it. This has happened to me quite often, but then that's crafting for you, finding a way out of a dilemma.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab fab fabbetty fab! Spooktacular (soz about that lol) Twas lovely to meet you too Carole x Thanks forjoining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, no one would ever have known that you stamped it upside down but I love how you corrected it with the scroll, it is perfect. Love your masking too, wish I could get the hang of it.......I love Hallowe'en so to me, your card is perfect! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole what a fab and fun card for Halloween. I think your 'mistake' ended up being a blessing as the scroll looks like it should be there; it's a perfect embellishing layer that adds to the overall design.
    It's right what the crafting community always say, there is never a mistake in crafting and in your case it was definitely a 'happy accident'.
    Best wishes Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carole, this is wonderful. Love the way you have incorporated the stamping, inking and colouring on this card.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Carole! Love the bats! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and love the bats Carole - but as for the eight legged beastie - ew! I have just heard Vincent Price's voice reading out the sentiment (in my head of course). It must have been the monologue on the Thriller album that set me off. Very clever to have used the scroll to cover the other sentiment over - no-one would know at all!!

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love Halloween goodies & this card is beautiful. Love the gold through the stencil & the really pretty spider webs. Sx

    ReplyDelete