Total Pageviews

Monday 10 September 2012

Woodware craft day

Good Morning Blog Friends!

Well, wasn't the closing ceremony for the Paralympics fab last night? I just loved all the Steampunk...what an amazing conception and for someone like me who is just fascinated by Steampunk, I was captivated!

I was pretty worn out last night though,after a whole day of crafting workshops courtesy of Woodware. I  attended a workshop day for retailers, having been invited along by my friend Amy, who owns our local craft & gift shop and with whom I teach our workshops.

The event was taking place in Thame, Oxfordshire, about a 2 hour drive from us, so Amy picked me up at 7am to be there for 9am. There were about sixty people there and we were divided into groups..people teaching the workshops included Francoise ?... From Dreamweavers, Stampendous, Fran from Frantage and of course Woodware.

It was a very intense day, consisting of 3 classes before lunch and 3 afterwards, finishing at 5:30pm. I think I was the only person there who didn't own or work in a shop, but it was really nice to meet lots of  people who were so passionate about crafts and do workshops from all over the Country. So thanks to Amy for giving me the chance to attend.

Here are a couple of the projects, I'll explain them during the week....unfortunately because the groups were quite large, we didn't get to finish many of the cards we started, or we just worked on techniques, but when I get time this week I'll finish them off and share them with you.



It was a very intense day of six classes, learning some new techniques and using some products I'd never tried before.




A couple of photos from yesterday
Well, as most of you know, Tom and I are on holiday from work these next two weeks, though not off anywhere to stay, except London next week for a few days. It was lovely not having to get up at 6am and get ready for work this morning and later on, Tom's parents are taking us out to lunch.

I'll be back later to catch up on your blogs from yesterday and today, happy Monday everyone!

Carole X

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carole, your makes are beautiful, I particularly love the woodblock (my fav thing at the moment) and how lovely to spend the day with passionate crafters too. Hope you have a wonderful break and enjoy your trip to London. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    PS. I was totally enthralled with the whole Paralympics and the steampunk at last night's ceremony was out of this world, not to mention Coldplay ... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carole, glad you enjoyed your craft day. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations over the coming days. Enjoy your days off from work - always a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, your samples from the workshop look very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing your finished cards. What a wonderful day to be among like minded people passionate about crafts. Hope you enjoyed your lunch with Tom's parents. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carole,
    Your workshop day looks very interesting. I too am looking forward to seeing some of your work finished. Enjoy your hols. Was at my son and daughter in laws house yesterday, they also have eight hens and one cockerel. Next time I'm there I will take my camera and photograph them. The one hen keeps chattering away and tries to follow everyone into the house, funny little thing she is. They used to have thirteen but sadly lost a few to foxes. They need to make a special area fenced off for them to run about in, but sadly my son works in the banking trade and is away from home a great deal, so doesn't get the time to do this. Well I have waffled on too much as usual.
    Have a wonderful crafty evening everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I am sooo jealous! I have been invited to come to the workshops at Grassington and am unable to go because of work! Fabulous samples! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOh Carole I am looking forward to seeing your completed creations! This workshop sounds like some I have been to and although they are sooooo enjoyable you feel totally wacked at the end of the day - a nice wacked though! Are your girls settling down in their new home by the way. Not heard anything about them recently.

    Hugs to you Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole,
    Well it sounds like you had fun, well done you. I am looking forward to seeing your creations when they are complete.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete